Can you pause the game in Dark Souls?

#1bigbenrfan99Posted 8/21/2011 6:11:02 PM
That is one small thing that pisses me off immensely in Demon's Souls.
---
F*** the Ravens Forevermore!
#2Night_UltimatumPosted 8/21/2011 6:12:33 PM
I severely doubt it.
---
"It's not black or white that matters, it's the shades of grey where the world blends together." - Nabaat (PSN: MagnanimousDeity)
#3jediblasterPosted 8/21/2011 6:15:47 PM
Why would you need to pause it?

In Demons souls you could always visit the nexus to get a break while you organize everything in your inventory. Or, you could simply clear out an area and do it there. This type of game makes you PREPARE ahead of time when dealing with major battles anyway.
#4Mud_ChanPosted 8/21/2011 6:16:41 PM
Nope, cannot pause the game because that would prevent invaders from attacking you. Remember, you can be invaded at any time in this one. There is no soul form. BWAHAHAHAAHA! Though I guess there is a hollowed form, but still no pausing.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#5Mido444Posted 8/21/2011 6:45:42 PM
Damn it. I missed several phonecalls because of this. Don't say "just quit, you scrub" because pause = instant, quit = wait 2 loadscreens and I ain't waiting.
---
This statement is false.
PSN: LemonatedOrange
#6larsonousPosted 8/21/2011 7:03:43 PM
i am going with the first post. not a chance on pausing just like DS.
#7meralonnePosted 8/21/2011 7:30:07 PM
Mido444 posted...
Damn it. I missed several phonecalls because of this. Don't say "just quit, you scrub" because pause = instant, quit = wait 2 loadscreens and I ain't waiting.

Yeah, because that 30-45 seconds of load screens really pissed me off to no end.

>_>
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#8Mido444Posted 8/21/2011 7:38:20 PM
meralonne posted...
Mido444 posted...

Yeah, because that 30-45 seconds of load screens really pissed me off to no end.

>_>

Not sure if that was sarcasm there or not but yeah, I don't like to wait for something I shouldn't wait for. I think they should implement a pause function when you are not in PvP/co-op. I know you wouldn't be invaded when you are paused but then again you aren't playing either. Actually if you think about it pausing is the same thing as quitting only instant.
---
This statement is false.
PSN: LemonatedOrange
#9squall987Posted 8/21/2011 8:18:43 PM
I say NO to a pause function... If you want to feel safe in a dangerous world, you go stand in the corner and hope monsters don't swarm you.

That's awesome.. Pause buttons are for the weak. If they added a pause to this game, you could say it doesn't do much, but it would definitely damage the striking atmosphere.
#10Mud_ChanPosted 8/21/2011 8:27:23 PM
Mido444 posted...
Not sure if that was sarcasm there or not but yeah, I don't like to wait for something I shouldn't wait for.

You don't actually have to wait. Hit start, move to the menu with quit on it, and hit quit. That whole process should take no more than 5 seconds at the very most. Once you hit quit, you can put down the controller. When you come back to your game however much time later, it'll be sitting on the menu screen waiting for you.

That's how Demon's Souls was and that is how Dark Souls will be (as assumed by seeing someone use the quit function during E3).

Enemies don't respawn and when you reload you'll be standing within 10 feet of where you quit, everything you killed will still be dead. All your items will still be on you. It isn't too bad. Try it out in Demon's Souls.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/