What intimidated you the most about your first DS play through?

#1XxSpaWn_PoInTPosted 9/11/2011 1:39:00 PM
This could be anything from a particular boss encounter, trying to get a particular item, the sense of being alone and unaware of what's lurking behind that next corner you've come to face, or any moment that was just totally unexpected and caught you off guard.

I'd have to say, and some might find this pathetic, that during 1-2 as I was wondering in the area of where you eventually find Ostrava for the 2nd time, hearing the sounds of dogs and a growling noise really scared me hell outa me. For some reason dogs in any game that are out to get me give me the chills.
---
don't get mad! ___________
#2YojimzoPosted 9/11/2011 1:40:34 PM
Erm lets see... it was... 3-2, that area creeped me out, the blood lake wasnt too bad, but those freaking human centipede things... just... *shivers*
---
Put this in your signature if you're one of the 10% of gamers that are still capable of having fun.
#3nofx88Posted 9/11/2011 1:41:08 PM
Penetrator. I hadn't rescued Biorr when I got to this fight, so it was pretty one-sided and quick. 10 times in a row.
---
"Careful, lad! Those hands of his are strong enough to crush an ox! Yet, delicate enough to crush a butterfly..." :: PSN - xAminalx
#4Sin JackalPosted 9/11/2011 1:44:20 PM
For me two things. Going in to 5-2 (looking at it) for the first time, I was just like . . .well, I guess I'm doing this later~ Like seeing how it was all pitch black with vapors rising out of the ground and whatnot. Just looked like it was gonna be a pain in the ass :\ And obviously it was (least favorite level for me).

And I remember right after I beat the Armor Spider, I was looking around in the next area just to see how it was, and I went to grab some item and some big rock worm popped out of the ground and like rose to the sky with it's long height, and I instantly turned around and was like, "yeahhhhhh I don't think so!" Then ran back to the archstone and did a different level first. :X
#5Oni_TatsujinPosted 9/11/2011 2:05:22 PM
The Tower Knight, hands down. My jaw was open throughout the intro cutscene to that fight, and I was yelling a string of obscenities while I was flailing about trying to dodge the massive spear and the countless arrows from the archers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TsEpDS7-Mw
See quote for my gamertag, steam name, and youtube :D
#6Fight_HugePosted 9/11/2011 2:13:47 PM
The Dagger BP in 3-1. I nearly pee'd. Ran all the way back to the archstone.
#7SaintTweeterPosted 9/11/2011 2:17:13 PM
All of 3-1. So many locked doors, dark black area, some crazy moaning/yelling going on, and the mindflayers who do rather substantial damage and can paralyze you. When I got to the arrow machine, I had no idea what to do and was too scared to grab the keys(that I didn't even know WERE keys) at first. Having a built in BP didn't help when I got to it.

Thankfully the boss was is and always shall be a breeze.
---
Its Geese as in "Geese Howard", the SNK boss! From back when SNK was still around and made decent games!
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa
#8SuperSaiyanDre1Posted 9/11/2011 2:17:26 PM
Adjucator. I came in and got smacked around instantly. Plus limited area to move
#9Sin JackalPosted 9/11/2011 2:19:07 PM
Oh yeah, Tower Knight was pretty indimidating too. I remember getting one hit by him the first time I played him (didn't have full health though).

I also died to the Meat Cleaver BP in 5-2. I distinctly remember getting charged and wondering if it was some NPC running up to talk to me since I know I wasn't close enough to disturb any monsters. Like I could see it appearing out of the darkness. But then I got slammed with the sword, then went into defense mode and basically it didn't help :P Just got stomped! Haven't died to it since though.
#10SymphonicRainPosted 9/11/2011 2:21:42 PM
Meat cleaver black phantom before I knew it was existed and was unfortunate enough to have it coming at me when I was in the swamp and not on an island. My first instinct was to roll, that naturally sped up the process of getting the crap kicked out of me.
---
Lord Gargalen once told me he hoped to die with a sword in his hand, to which I replied that I would sooner go with a breast in mine.