Content revealed for the official strategy guide of Dark Souls.

#1Lowtan_LanePosted 9/21/2011 6:37:11 PM
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/content-revealed-for-the-official-strategy-guide-of-dark-souls

Prepare To Die Less with this Hardback Guide to Dark Souls !!

Going into Dark Souls unaided will get you killed. A lot. Even armed with the complete knowledge of the game that this guide will provide, you're still certain to die at least a few times. But when a gigantic demon takes you by surprise you'll at least have a chance to not lose everything. This is a true survival guide for a game that's almost impossible to survive.

Area Guide Walkthrough

The Walkthrough makes use of detailed maps to guide you in exploring every inch of the game's huge world. Learn the most useful shortcuts and find all of the hidden areas.

Enemy Encyclopedia

Everything you need to know to tackle the game's army of lethal foes is contained in one easy-to-use reference chapter. Tactics, data and attack details for all enemies will prove an invaluable resource.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons, Armor and Magic are all covered in exhaustive detail. Full stats, locations, upgrade paths and usage strategies are provided so you can easily compare all of the options when choosing your equipment.

All Items

The complete item lists reveal every last consumable, accessory, upgrading material and offensive item. Quickly discover where to find each one and how to make the most of them.

Character Building

Plan your character perfectly with our guide to choosing classes, building your character for specific roles and selecting optimal equipment.

Everything Uncovered

Discover how to unlock every Achievement or Trophy and learn the secrets of Dark Souls' unique online multiplayer mode.

I NEED THIS GUIDE!
---
You have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is the grave. ~Henry Ward Beecher(DkS reminder)
#2OhsillyDutchmanPosted 9/21/2011 6:38:17 PM
I'd only want it after I'd finished my first playthrough.
---
MGO name: Thaddeus
Crispin Glover> you.
#3jediblasterPosted 9/21/2011 6:39:42 PM
This will be an epic guide. I'll browse through it and after finishing the game might look more in depth at some of the strategies suggested, though I am not buying it for the help so much as the coolness.
#4superzero122591Posted 9/21/2011 6:44:01 PM
If I buy it, it'll be after my second or third play through to do a final sweep before entering into the PvP aspect. Other then that, I want everything to be a surprise. I've been avoiding videos to keep from seeing any of the world.

I like the game for the challenge, so going in blind is going to be what's best for me. XD
---
PSN: Joseph122591
Currently Playing: Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2011; Waiting on Dark Souls
#5Mud_ChanPosted 9/21/2011 6:48:46 PM
I'd pretty much only want it for the item, spell, and weapon listing/upgrades. Not really the locations, but purely the listings...though, I'm pretty confident someone with the guide will upload every piece of that information into the wiki for free.

You think their character building section will actually be good and accurate, or do you think it'll be like the first builds to enter the wiki?
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#6WatersurgePosted 9/21/2011 7:18:05 PM
Mud_Chan posted...
I'd pretty much only want it for the item, spell, and weapon listing/upgrades. Not really the locations, but purely the listings...though, I'm pretty confident someone with the guide will upload every piece of that information into the wiki for free.

You think their character building section will actually be good and accurate, or do you think it'll be like the first builds to enter the wiki?

Definitely the latter.
---
http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.jpg
#7RocbloodPosted 9/21/2011 7:30:14 PM
Is this the same guide bundled with CE?
#8Mud_ChanPosted 9/21/2011 7:32:03 PM
Nah, this is the guide that convinced Namco to downsize the guide we got for free. This guide will cost $20-30 USD.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#9Lowtan_Lane(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 7:32:51 PM
No i wish. LMAO. Its sold for $25. Online you'll get it for sure. I dont know about getting it in a walk in store.
---
You have come into a hard world. I know of only one easy place in it, and that is the grave. ~Henry Ward Beecher(DkS reminder)
#10RocbloodPosted 9/21/2011 7:35:00 PM
Damn. Figures.