DEPRIVED (for your first class)

#1sarcasticavengePosted 9/23/2011 11:35:37 AM
The game will always be hardest on your first time around so why not make it count. After much consideration I have decided to start with the Deprived class. I find it would be a good challenge and I wont need to worry about finding a weapon for my str build or running into fire resistent monsters with a pyro, I will make a build with whatever I can find, I just hope my skills keep me alive intill i can find or buy some armor. What do you guys think?
#2Dark_Oni12398Posted 9/23/2011 11:37:26 AM
final destination, 3 stock, no items, fox only!
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#3FullMetal129Posted 9/23/2011 11:40:09 AM
I think thats a great idea! I think starting off as a deprived would garner you some sympathy at least. If I ever invaded or was invaded by a deprived I dont know if I would have the heart to kill someone wearing just a loincloth in a world like dark souls.
#4Impaired MedicPosted 9/23/2011 11:51:26 AM
I don't want to start on Deprived because they start on a higher level and I don't know if their stat allocation will be what I want.
---
Cheating problems? I'll prove you're innocent on the witness stand (and help you find another one-night stand)!
Better Call Saul
#5BunnywunnyPosted 9/23/2011 1:12:29 PM
deprived is just bad.
they start at a higher level with a awful stat distribution

and gear is plentiful so that is not an issue

I mean i could see if if every class started at like 8-9 with preset stats and deprived was lv1 with evened out stats. It would mean your starting weaker so you can have a blank slate character
but it's exactly the opposite...

plus side though almost all the other classes start out very nicely =)

if you really want to start out with a hard time thief is probably way to go, unless they made sneaking up on monsters work better and gave daggers a better moveset than just mini-scimitar
---
"Me fail English? that's unpossible"
-Ralph Wiggum
#6EWGFPosted 9/23/2011 1:29:52 PM
#1 Theorycraft class. What I'm picking personally.
---
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F
#7sarcasticavenge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 8:18:07 PM
I find the stats well balanced, everything is at 11 so you can build your character they way you want to on the fly. If I find a good dex weapon I can make a dex build, if I find an awsome spell I can learn it on the spot no mater what spell type it is.
#8The_ShaderPosted 9/23/2011 10:13:46 PM
So if Deprived cant equip anything besides 1 crappy shield and 1 crappy sword.... it will be specifically meant for expert players wanting to beat their favorite game on its most difficult setting....

i never played Demon Souls, and i'll need atleast one playthrough before starting a Deprived run.

Besides, your limiting the amount of fun you could have if you just play the game with only a Deprived character....
---
Conduit2 FC & Alias: Shader 0218-1153-3165
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#9sarcasticavenge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 10:38:52 PM
" limiting the amount of fun " in dark souls ? thats impossible
#10NuuTypePosted 9/23/2011 10:55:36 PM
its as good a choice as any, really..

It limits you in that you don't start out with spells, or a bow of the bat. But actually, simplicity can be a virtue in itself.
---
"Just my 2 though."