The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dual wielding

#1saint35Posted 9/24/2011 3:00:27 PM
A lot of people were saying based on the streams that dual wielding is borderline useless in Dark Souls. Did anything happen that may be able to give people who want to dual wield some hope?
---
PSN: The_Last_Fencer [Feel free to add. Just please say who you are if you add me.]
Even Towards Death, Valiantly
#2JPNatPosted 9/24/2011 3:07:32 PM
Dual wielding shields is still the way to go.
#3Mud_ChanPosted 9/24/2011 3:10:56 PM
I honestly don't think many people tried dual-wielding yet. People have been very shield heavy in their playstyles from everything I've seen. Hell, I haven't even seen a katana yet and that was the supreme offhand weapon for DS.

Point is, I'm sure there will be some use in it, but it won't throw itself at us. Through time and experimenting, we'll find proper offhands. I'm sure there will be some real great dual-wield weapons.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#4DuneManPosted 9/24/2011 3:23:56 PM
Katanas are in the game. I'm not sure why it seems none of the streamers have found one yet.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5The_ShaderPosted 9/24/2011 3:32:01 PM
Left Hand: Dagger ((for Parrying))
Right Hand: A Bigger Dagger

.... my wanderer class <3
---
Conduit2 FC & Alias: Shader 0218-1153-3165
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#6EWGFPosted 9/24/2011 3:44:19 PM
Katanas are bomb for looks.
R2s are low-stance scabbard-drawn Iaido slashes, and look entirely badass. Really, it makes everything I've seen look like crap so far.
---
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F
#7NoobRagePosted 9/24/2011 3:45:23 PM
Yesterday, I single handedly convinced Moruid to wield a left hand katana and press L1.
It still works.
#8Otaku_OyabunnPosted 9/24/2011 3:48:29 PM
BigWilliePlays's gameplay videos shows him fighting an NPC who uses what I believe is a parrying dagger. He mentioned that the NPC has a special stance he does with the dagger, which makes me wonder if the parrying dagger functions differently from DS. Perhaps instead of a improved parry window, you perform an auto parry stance while you hold down L2 (automatically parries attacks that will not stagger you?) I might try this out once I get my copy (although the parrying dagger is located passed the ghosts of Little Rondo Ruins...)
---
"Hmph, but you have no eggs!"
#9FenixxPosted 9/24/2011 3:50:00 PM
Dual-wielding has always been kinda useless. I know some people claim that you could attack quicker and stuff with certain weapons, but that fraction of a second you might get with your attack speed still doesn't make it really worth it. Unless I'm missing something...>.>
---
PSN: Sion_Fenixx
In order to fear something, you must know fear. In order to know fear, you must be scared. In order to be scared, you must know me.
#10rkzhaoPosted 9/24/2011 3:57:44 PM
sword and board has always been easier than dual wielding for PvE