NO Save Copies just confirmed.

#21bkteerPosted 9/30/2011 4:57:20 AM
k this got me scared... I'm also going to go invest in a ps+ now. So that being said....i saved all more dark soul stuff into my ps3. How am i supposed to cloud save?
#22The_FatzPosted 9/30/2011 5:08:36 AM
What about 360, can you backup your save on a flash drive with it?
#23Rancoeur3Posted 9/30/2011 5:16:55 AM
Yes you can just like any others 360 games.

PS+ could is just like the Xbox Live, a scam.
---
Do not be concerned, life is hardly as precious as one might think.
#24GenocideHeartPosted 9/30/2011 5:17:25 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
To anyone who asks why they do this: go play Borderlands online and get in PvP with someone with a hacked weapon and shield.

On the PS3? o_O
How can multiple people even PLAY on that save when all saves are currently account-tied?

Who said anything about saves? Weapons could be dropped and looted immediately afterwards, and for most people who wish to cheat it's as easy as finding someone who DID hack his save and have them drop one of their gajillion hacked weapons. I ran into a big pile of items once when doing online - all of them had improbably high values like a pistol with damage set at 3x2400 and a shield with 50k capacity. Someone just left them there for anybody who joined that session to grab. Seriously... I didn't even know the guys and those values made me suspicious to all hell so I didn't touch those things - you never know that a hacked weapon won't nuke my game's stability - but jeez... some people.
---
** PSN ID: GenocideHeart **
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#25DarkWarl0rdPosted 9/30/2011 5:19:30 AM
damn that sucks the saves are locked.

you think by now theyd realize both consoles are built like total **** , but m$ fixes for free.
#26analogBalrogPosted 9/30/2011 5:23:22 AM
Chill complainers, chill.

You obviously didn't play Demon's Souls and you obviously have NO idea what you are in for next week.
#27GenocideHeartPosted 9/30/2011 5:24:00 AM
Anyway, to conclude (sorry for the doublepost, by the way), locking saves serves to make it impossible for people to transfer their saves on PC, use a hex editor or similar tools to mod it, then put it back on the console and run with it. If you can't copy saves to external drives, you can't hack said saves, either. This serves to severely limit the choices cheaters have for ruining others' fun.

If people actually were decent and didn't cheat like hell online, this wouldn't be necessary. But people suck like that, so saves get locked as a result.

Why people cheat online, anyway, is beyond me. What's the point of bragging about doing something/beating someone if you cheated to do it? It's like saying you beat Usain Bolt in the 100m sprint while driving a dragster going at 600mph... no duh you won, you were on a rocket with wheels while he was on foot. Is that reason to brag?!
---
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#28JacknicklsonPosted 9/30/2011 5:27:41 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
PS Plus............save it to the online server.

Thats the best I can offer you guys.

And I am GLAD I did that......because my PS3 just tanked for a 3rd time.

If I lost my Demon's Souls saves, I'd be ticked. Hundreds of hours, gone.

Not gunna let that happen again.

I subscribed just for this basically.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/78/legendofjerz.png
#29TheOriginalMaxPosted 9/30/2011 7:19:53 AM
>Who said anything about saves?
Topic: "NO Save Copies just confirmed."
You: "To anyone who asks why they do this"
What are you talking about then? How does that have anything to do with saves if it wasn't about the saves? I'm confused @_@

>locking saves serves to make it impossible for people to transfer their saves on PC, use a hex editor or similar tools to mod it, then put it back on the console and run with it.
Then they should be made impossible to edit.

>If you can't copy saves to external drives, you can't hack said saves, either.
And you can't get your saves back when your console dies since it won't restore to another console, which is Sony's policy in refurbs.

>If people actually were decent and didn't cheat like hell online, this wouldn't be necessary. But people suck like that, so saves get locked as a result.
True and good point.

>Why people cheat online, anyway, is beyond me.
This.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Holier than thou.
#30GenocideHeartPosted 9/30/2011 10:17:31 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
>Who said anything about saves?
Topic: "NO Save Copies just confirmed."
You: "To anyone who asks why they do this"
What are you talking about then? How does that have anything to do with saves if it wasn't about the saves? I'm confused @_@

I meant 'who said anything about sharing saves with other users'. Anyone who can edit any files can hack them, which is all it takes to make people's life hell online, and since ANY file that can be exported can be cracked given enough patience and determination, the simplest way to avoid the issue is to make them un-exportable.
---