Early grind location - 36,000 souls an hour

#1BargregiboPosted 10/1/2011 6:39:42 AM
Believe I've found an ideal early game grind location - light spoilers ahead.

Once you've encountered the dragon in the Undead Burg, you can go down the right stairs, down again and kick the ladder to gain access to the bonfire.

Now, go back up the ladder, and up again to the dragon. There are a group of enemies here; sprint out into the path for just a moment (just beyond the handrail) and quickly down the stairs again so the dragon spits fire and clears the group, earning you 300 souls. Now head back down and use the bonfire and repeat.

If performed cleanly and quickly (there's a chance you can get caught by an enemy, and you can just roll from the top of the ladder to the bonfire to save time) you can do two round trips in a minute, which works out at 36,000 souls an hour.

Ultimately not a huge amount, but could provide a good boost during the early stages.
---
I am Bargregibo. YOUR FRIDGE IS MINE!
#2WolfGreyPosted 10/1/2011 6:44:04 AM

Thats terrible.Just play the game, don't find a soul grinding exploit....

I honestly never see the point.Your levels determine what soul level range you can summon or be invaded by.And since that range moves with your soul level grinding is pointless.You will get those souls as you go on and on and into NG+ and so on.Grinding is just sillyness and pointless.

Well unless you were trying to get your pure mercurystones in DS...Those were terrible to me.I had to do 4 hours of runs in 3-2 to get the two i need.

#3Biggest_BossPosted 10/1/2011 6:44:23 AM
That's what I used at first.
---
Demon's Souls - Black Phantom Slayer - PSN: Sleeq
#4sadas25Posted 10/1/2011 6:44:24 AM
Good thinking batman, thanks for the heads up.
---
"I'll tell you what makes my blood boil?...crematoriums" Tim Vine
#5ragnorok17Posted 10/1/2011 6:46:54 AM
Sounds good so I can stock up on a few items.
---
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
#6Master_OTLPosted 10/1/2011 6:47:14 AM
This has been posted in various nico videos... don't know about youtube, but not new. Still, I believe some players may benefit from this. TY for sharing.
---
Epic failure is the most powerful remedy against boredom.
#7CapnStankyPosted 10/1/2011 7:20:56 AM
WolfGrey posted...
Thats terrible.Just play the game, don't find a soul grinding exploit....

It's not an exploit. The game was designed this way. On the rare occasion that the save mechanic benefits the gamer, you take advantage of it, because 99 percent of the time it's going to be ****ing you.
#8SkrallRampagerPosted 10/3/2011 10:47:25 AM
I used this same thing to help myself out.

I was gettting destroyed at lvl 9 :(
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444
#9SuperSaiyanDre1Posted 10/3/2011 10:53:03 AM
I hope I get the invade item early...
#10smoke_dog_4everPosted 10/3/2011 11:06:02 AM
Bargregibo posted...
Believe I've found an ideal early game grind location - light spoilers ahead.

Once you've encountered the dragon in the Undead Burg, you can go down the right stairs, down again and kick the ladder to gain access to the bonfire.

Now, go back up the ladder, and up again to the dragon. There are a group of enemies here; sprint out into the path for just a moment (just beyond the handrail) and quickly down the stairs again so the dragon spits fire and clears the group, earning you 300 souls. Now head back down and use the bonfire and repeat.

If performed cleanly and quickly (there's a chance you can get caught by an enemy, and you can just roll from the top of the ladder to the bonfire to save time) you can do two round trips in a minute, which works out at 36,000 souls an hour.

Ultimately not a huge amount, but could provide a good boost during the early stages.

Good job of watching the IGN 24 hour marathon of Dark Souls where they pointed this exploit out and then coming here and pretending this is your own original idea.