Faith in a pure caster build...

#1Bullshifty12Posted 10/1/2011 9:58:55 PM
How would you incorporate faith into a pure caster build (sorcerer)? Or would you even?

I think it'd be worth it for survivability, but I don't know what I'd sacrifice or even if much sacrifice would be necessary to begin with.

To anyone planning on building a caster; Are you going to use miracles at all or purely sorceries?
#2Vermillion129Posted 10/1/2011 10:04:29 PM
After lurking in livedoor (Dark Souls jap wiki)

I found that there is a Talisman that scale off INT not faith.... yep

So Mage build with miracle might work in this case (even though they wont get highest tier miracle unless they sacrifice more stat into faith)

The scaling on the talisman is A rank by the way.
---
"All I know is my gut says 'maybe'."
- Neutral President
#3overture2112Posted 10/1/2011 10:12:32 PM
SC was great on mages in DS, although it may be hard to justify spending 12 sl on it (best mage classes start with 8 and it requires 20 faith now).
#4NuuTypePosted 10/1/2011 10:25:47 PM
Having 18 faith was essential to any build in demons souls. Granted it was just for second chance, but what with limited health, miracles will really be something special in this game.
---
"Just my 2 though."
#5JitawaPosted 10/1/2011 10:37:24 PM
I was under the impression they retracted that from the Japanese wiki, and there's yet to be any confirmed SC in the game.

That being said, even with that Talisman with int scaling, you'd basically be stuck leveling faith to whatever levels for the desired miracles. So it becomes a matter of "how much are you willing to spend"? You'd need 12 minimum to cast any miracles I think.
#6Cmac4Posted 10/1/2011 10:46:42 PM
Jitawa posted...
I was under the impression they retracted that from the Japanese wiki, and there's yet to be any confirmed SC in the game.

That being said, even with that Talisman with int scaling, you'd basically be stuck leveling faith to whatever levels for the desired miracles. So it becomes a matter of "how much are you willing to spend"? You'd need 12 minimum to cast any miracles I think.

You sure it hasnt been confirmed? I know ive heard people on this board talk about it is as if they have used it.
#7Bullshifty12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 12:17:46 PM
Cmac4 posted...
Jitawa posted...

You sure it hasnt been confirmed? I know ive heard people on this board talk about it is as if they have used it.

From watching people's LPs it does look like 12 is the minimum for the first miracle which means sorcerer type characters would be unlikely to be able to cast any miracles immediately.