How to do solve the toxicity problem at blight town?

#1jhcho2Posted 10/2/2011 4:57:20 AM

I know you can use the flowers to cure toxins, but it's perpetually toxic in blight town. How do i solve it?

#2jhcho2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 5:43:00 AM

bump

#3Buddy_DacotePosted 10/2/2011 5:47:39 AM
Wear clothes with high poison resistance. I know there's a shadow warrior (or something like that) set lying around somewhere. Otherwise, use black leather.
#4Biggest_BossPosted 10/2/2011 5:57:07 AM
There's a shield that has high poison resistance; I got mine at Valley of Drakes but I think there's another one somewhere.
---
Demon's Souls - Black Phantom Slayer - PSN: Sleeq
#5jhcho2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 7:10:40 AM

What? So you mean there only way you can acess Blight Town is by wearing such gears? That's extremely restrictive

#6HosakaSenpaiPosted 10/2/2011 7:11:43 AM
What? So you mean there only way you can acess Blight Town is by wearing such gears? That's extremely restrictive

This is nothing new. Demon's Souls had that 5-2 swamp where you pretty much had to get yourself poisoned while going through it.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
#7jhcho2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 7:28:36 AM

Vagabond Sausage posted...

This is nothing new. Demon's Souls had that 5-2 swamp where you pretty much had to get yourself poisoned while going through it.

Well, but at least that was the last stage. Is blight town meant to be the last stage? And besides, the toxic damage feels way higher than the poison damage at Valley of Defilement

#8HosakaSenpaiPosted 10/2/2011 7:29:44 AM
How is 5-2 "the last stage"? It isn't even the last area of its own world.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
#9jhcho2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 7:43:49 AM

Vagabond Sausage posted...
How is 5-2 "the last stage"? It isn't even the last area of its own world.

Third areas of any world are just boss levels. I generally don't consider them as stages. And that's the sequence i did the stages. I think most people will play 1-3 & 1-4 the moment they could due to a high soul count.

#10Buddy_DacotePosted 10/2/2011 8:31:41 AM
You get poisoned by the swamp, not toxicated (seriously, why didn't they go with "plague", same as in Demon's? The translation really suck in Dark Souls). Poison doesn't drain as much health. But I agree, it's annoying. Which is why you should get the shadow gear (ninja suit, not the same as black leather. It appear to work like the thiev's ring in Demon's). With it, you're able to barely get through the swamp without getting poisoned. You can find it somewhere in Blighttown. Don't remember excactly where, but it wasn't hard to find. Just pick up all the glowing item drops on the way down after the gaping dragon fight. I think you could find it right after the bonfire, halfway down.