Why is my damage so low with...

#1GambitGTPosted 10/2/2011 4:39:50 PM
Raw iliaido sword ? (Ascension upgarde) i spent so much on the materials and my dex is like 25, but i do less damage with this thing than drake sword...

40ish SL btw,
#2GambitGT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 4:41:46 PM
fyi my iliato sword is like 160 base damage, but with scaling shouldnt i be doing more damage than drake sword? i mean come on
#3caramel_codPosted 10/2/2011 4:43:51 PM
From what I've read, upgrades tend to reduce the effects of scaling. It's a weird system, and I'm not sure if the wikis explain it correctly.
#4Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/2/2011 4:44:52 PM
Raw decreases your scaling and increases your base AR. Therefore, your 25 points in Dex are irrelevant to your Raw Iaito's total AR.

Next time, upgrade your Iaito along it's normal path. It has a Dex scale of B, and at +15 and 40 Dex, your total AR should be 369.
---
"Hmph, but you have no eggs!"
#5GambitGT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 4:45:47 PM
Otaku_Oyabunn posted...
Raw decreases your scaling and increases your base AR. Therefore, your 25 points in Dex are irrelevant to your Raw Iaito's total AR.

Next time, upgrade your Iaito along it's normal path. It has a Dex scale of B, and at +15 and 40 Dex, your total AR should be 369.

Normal Path? Should I deupgrade it?

How do you upgade it's normal path o_O?
#6GambitGT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2011 4:46:00 PM
Cause I thoght it stopped at 6.
#7Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/2/2011 4:49:48 PM
NO.

Normal upgrades stop at +5 until you give Andrei the Large Ember. After that, you can ascend your weapon so it can be upgraded up to +10. If you give Andrei the Very Large Ember, you can ascend your weapon again so it can be upgraded to +15.

Since you are able to upgrade weapons to the Raw path, I can tell you have already gave Andrei the Large Ember.

There's a very accurate upgrade path tree chart that Mud_Chan made. I don't know the URL for it though. Where's Mud_Chan?
---
#8Friar_SandPosted 10/2/2011 4:52:19 PM
Otaku_Oyabunn posted...
NO.

Normal upgrades stop at +5 until you give Andrei the Large Ember. After that, you can ascend your weapon so it can be upgraded up to +10. If you give Andrei the Very Large Ember, you can ascend your weapon again so it can be upgraded to +15.

Do you give him a large ember for each individual weapon you're upgrading, or is it similar to the red hot demon's soul in that you give one large ember to him and you can upgrade multiple weapons to +10 from there?
---
Oh, hello.
#9Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/2/2011 4:53:09 PM
Ah, never mind. Found it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/dksweaponupgrades31.jpg/

Credit to Mud_Chan and everyone else who contributed.
---
#10Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/2/2011 4:54:12 PM
Friar_Sand posted...
Otaku_Oyabunn posted...
NO.

Do you give him a large ember for each individual weapon you're upgrading, or is it similar to the red hot demon's soul in that you give one large ember to him and you can upgrade multiple weapons to +10 from there?

It's like the Red Hot Demon's Soul. You only need to give an Ember to a blacksmith once.
---