Weapon paths and their stat scaling

#1DuneManPosted 10/2/2011 3:57:58 PM(edited)
Okay, so it appears that weapon upgrades are percentage based again. The following compares traits at the final levels of each upgrade:

Normal, up to +15: each upgrade adds 10% base damage, meaning 250% of the original value at +15, stat scaling is unchanged

Raw, up to +5: damage is ~8% less than Normal path, stat scaling is dropped to D/D (quick and easy alternative to +15 weapons, perhaps?)

Crystal, up to +5: damage is ~8% higher than Normal path, durability drops to 60, weapon cannot be repaired, stat scaling is unchanged (really trying hard to see a benefit to this path, and failing...)

Fire, up to +10: adds fire damage, stat scaling is removed

Lightning, up to +5: adds lightning damage, stat scaling is removed, damage is almost identical to Fire (i.e. Lightning +5 matches Fire +10)

Chaos, up to +5: ~16.5% less damage at first than Fire, but damage increases with humanity

Divine, up to +10: adds magical damage that scales with Faith, stat scaling is D/E/-/C, adds holy property

Occult, up to +5: a bit higher physical damage and ~9% less magical damage than Divine but with better Faith scaling, stat scaling is E/D/-/B, also adds evil property

Magic, up to +10: adds magical damage that scales with Intelligence, scaling set to E/E/C/-

Enchanted, up to +5: ~8% less magical damage but with better Intelligence scaling, scaling set to E/E/(B or A)/-

Twinking Titanite weapons, up to +5: also seem to follow the +10% base damage per upgrade model

Dragon Scale weapons, up to +5: also seem to follow the +10% base damage per upgrade model

Demon Titanite weapons, up to +5: seems to grant ~7.2% base damage per upgrade

Edit: Adding in armor upgrades
Armor, up to +10: each upgrade adds ~14.5% base defense, and ~0.3% for status ailment defense
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#2BlackDudeGotCubedPosted 10/2/2011 3:51:19 PM
awesome ty
---
BlackDudeGotOWNED - Jowy Atreides X
#3HosakaSenpaiPosted 10/2/2011 3:51:23 PM
So, uh... nothing for STR and DEX builds this time around? Odd.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
#4SurvivorTypePosted 10/2/2011 3:54:43 PM
Hmmm, I'm tossing up between Divine and Occult now.. Good thing I'll have fun making lots of different characters to play with, so I'll test both out.

Thanks for the info.
---
<_______________<'
#5Dread_noughtPosted 10/2/2011 3:56:55 PM
Hmm, occult seems to be better than Divine then? Does the "Evil" property interact with a player's Humanity?
---
PSN: Drytchnath
Maybe if you cry a large enough river you can drift all the way to Capcom's Headquarters. --Fuuinashi from the PS3 RE5 Boards
#6GodsPoisonPosted 10/2/2011 3:57:59 PM
I have no idea what i should upgrade lol. And you cant repair the crystal weapons? Odd........
#7SpoonyGundamPosted 10/2/2011 3:58:04 PM
I'm assuming the holy property is what prevents skeletons from reviving. Any other idea on what it could do?

Or what the evil property does?
---
Michael Jackson can turn into a spaceship. Can you turn into a spaceship? No. You can't.
#8Regal_WandererPosted 10/2/2011 3:58:47 PM
Does scaling improve for some weapons upon further upgrading?
#9Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/2/2011 4:00:17 PM
Very nice! Thank you! :)
---
"Hmph, but you have no eggs!"
#10AtmaWeaponXPosted 10/2/2011 4:01:01 PM(edited)
Will holy/evil have bonuses and penalties versus enemies?

I can imagine holy being more useful against more things despite evil having a higher listed number.

I don't really know the souls universe, mind you.
---
They say that Captain Falcon is the reason Waldo is hiding. Solid Snake is the reason Waldo was never found.