Weapon paths and their stat scaling

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Weapon paths and their stat scaling
4 years ago#1
Okay, so it appears that weapon upgrades are percentage based again. The following compares traits at the final levels of each upgrade:

Normal, up to +15: each upgrade adds 10% base damage, meaning 250% of the original value at +15, stat scaling is unchanged

Raw, up to +5: damage is ~8% less than Normal path, stat scaling is dropped to D/D (quick and easy alternative to +15 weapons, perhaps?)

Crystal, up to +5: damage is ~8% higher than Normal path, durability drops to 60, weapon cannot be repaired, stat scaling is unchanged (really trying hard to see a benefit to this path, and failing...)

Fire, up to +10: adds fire damage, stat scaling is removed

Lightning, up to +5: adds lightning damage, stat scaling is removed, damage is almost identical to Fire (i.e. Lightning +5 matches Fire +10)

Chaos, up to +5: ~16.5% less damage at first than Fire, but damage increases with humanity

Divine, up to +10: adds magical damage that scales with Faith, stat scaling is D/E/-/C, adds holy property

Occult, up to +5: a bit higher physical damage and ~9% less magical damage than Divine but with better Faith scaling, stat scaling is E/D/-/B, also adds evil property

Magic, up to +10: adds magical damage that scales with Intelligence, scaling set to E/E/C/-

Enchanted, up to +5: ~8% less magical damage but with better Intelligence scaling, scaling set to E/E/(B or A)/-

Twinking Titanite weapons, up to +5: also seem to follow the +10% base damage per upgrade model

Dragon Scale weapons, up to +5: also seem to follow the +10% base damage per upgrade model

Demon Titanite weapons, up to +5: seems to grant ~7.2% base damage per upgrade

Edit: Adding in armor upgrades
Armor, up to +10: each upgrade adds ~14.5% base defense, and ~0.3% for status ailment defense
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
4 years ago#2
awesome ty
---
BlackDudeGotOWNED - Jowy Atreides X
4 years ago#3
So, uh... nothing for STR and DEX builds this time around? Odd.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
4 years ago#4
Hmmm, I'm tossing up between Divine and Occult now.. Good thing I'll have fun making lots of different characters to play with, so I'll test both out.

Thanks for the info.
---
<_______________<'
4 years ago#5
Hmm, occult seems to be better than Divine then? Does the "Evil" property interact with a player's Humanity?
---
PSN: Drytchnath
Maybe if you cry a large enough river you can drift all the way to Capcom's Headquarters. --Fuuinashi from the PS3 RE5 Boards
4 years ago#6
I have no idea what i should upgrade lol. And you cant repair the crystal weapons? Odd........
4 years ago#7
I'm assuming the holy property is what prevents skeletons from reviving. Any other idea on what it could do?

Or what the evil property does?
---
Michael Jackson can turn into a spaceship. Can you turn into a spaceship? No. You can't.
4 years ago#8
Does scaling improve for some weapons upon further upgrading?
4 years ago#9
Very nice! Thank you! :)
---
"Hmph, but you have no eggs!"
4 years ago#10
Will holy/evil have bonuses and penalties versus enemies?

I can imagine holy being more useful against more things despite evil having a higher listed number.

I don't really know the souls universe, mind you.
---
They say that Captain Falcon is the reason Waldo is hiding. Solid Snake is the reason Waldo was never found.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Weapon paths and their stat scaling

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived