Parry and riposte

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Parry and riposte
5 years ago#1

Can we parry heavy weapon and boss attack?

5 years ago#2
I dont have this game and I believe i'm at the lower end of those "informed" but I don't think you can parry boss attacks in this game.
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/FTmkH.jpg]
5 years ago#3
Nope.
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
5 years ago#4
If you yourself don't think you can physically parry the opponent's attack, then don't try it, it'll just lead to a faster death.
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
5 years ago#5
I know for a fact that you can actually parry and riposte most of the final boss's attacks quite easily (if you're good at that sort of thing, anyway.) I haven't seen anyone attempt to parry other bosses, however. Not sure about heavy weapons either.
5 years ago#6
Don't try to parry 'feral' monsters like rats, and hounds, but you can parry monsters that show intelligence and use a weapon... Most of the time. The only boss I've heard can be parried is the final boss. But I'm pretty sure you can parry the goblin boss as well, I need to test that though.
Friend code 1676-3376-8453
5 years ago#7
I can't seems to parry any black knight attack.
Are they like un-parry-able or something?
5 years ago#8
Shiirk posted...
I can't seems to parry any black knight attack.
Are they like un-parry-able or something?

They have a very very tiny window that you can parry properly. and some weapons are harder to parry than others. Spears for example take more finesse because of the much smaller window.
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
5 years ago#9
I can parry spear quite easy but not great sword.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Parry and riposte

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived