Shiny door in the Darkroot Garden, how do I open it? (spoiler)

#1-Damien-Posted 10/4/2011 7:55:10 AM
so there's this shiney door, next to the hidden bonfire, how do I open it? I already killed the giant butterfly lady up in the sky, but still can't open the door
#2bkteerPosted 10/4/2011 7:56:09 AM
You buy the key from the blacksmith for 20k.
#3SeikenZPosted 10/4/2011 7:56:16 AM
You buy an emblem from the Blacksmith for 20k souls. Then you can open it.
#4empbowserPosted 10/4/2011 7:57:45 AM
Dont buy the key there is a way around that just requires you to beat a boss. It's a waste of 20000 souls if it's your first playthrough.
#5-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 8:03:04 AM
oh ok, thanks guys, I'm gonna keep looking for this boss then, if all fail, then I'd buy the ember.

I love the non-linearity of this game, it has mystery like this
#6BlueMoonDragon1Posted 10/4/2011 8:17:34 AM
-Damien- posted...
so there's this shiney door, next to the hidden bonfire, how do I open it? I already killed the giant butterfly lady up in the sky, but still can't open the door

There is a bonfire near that door? O_O
Where exactly? ; _ ;
---
Of all the things I lost
I miss my mind the most
#7-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 8:18:51 AM
BlueMoonDragon1 posted...
-Damien- posted...

There is a bonfire near that door? O_O
Where exactly? ; _ ;

it's hidden behind an illusionary wall, just hit all the walls around the door
#8bkteerPosted 10/4/2011 8:21:07 AM
actually you don't need to find the boss nor kill him....the 'boss' in question is a hydra in a lake at the bottom of darkroot forest. When you first come out of the castle into darkroot, turn right at your first intersection to see this glowing flower thing. Follow the path all the way down and you will find a lake on your extreme left. The boss doesn't drop anything to unlock the door. In fact if you're lucky, you can run past him to get to the ladder on the right of the water fall and climb all the way up to reach the area behind the shiny door.
However.....do take note the enemies in the forest are extremely dangerous, more so than the hydra boss. So taking time to farm up 20k souls just to open the door may actually be more worth it, since by doing so, you unlock a farming method that gives you 5000 souls in approximately half a minute.
#9-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 8:24:33 AM
bkteer posted...
actually you don't need to find the boss nor kill him....the 'boss' in question is a hydra in a lake at the bottom of darkroot forest. When you first come out of the castle into darkroot, turn right at your first intersection to see this glowing flower thing. Follow the path all the way down and you will find a lake on your extreme left. The boss doesn't drop anything to unlock the door. In fact if you're lucky, you can run past him to get to the ladder on the right of the water fall and climb all the way up to reach the area behind the shiny door.
However.....do take note the enemies in the forest are extremely dangerous, more so than the hydra boss. So taking time to farm up 20k souls just to open the door may actually be more worth it, since by doing so, you unlock a farming method that gives you 5000 souls in approximately half a minute.

ah ok thanks, I have a feeling it's the hydra boss, since he's around that area. I'm gonna kill him now, I have a score to settle with him. He killed me once. Now it's payback time