Best starting gift

#1thenamekPosted 10/4/2011 1:22:02 PM
What starting gift is best and why?
#2Xcon3Posted 10/4/2011 1:40:18 PM
Two options really
Pendant:
This is heavily intertwined with the storyline and you normally don't get it till end game under certain circumstances. We don't actually know what it does though.

Master Key:
This will open all locked doors that would normally required a key found in a different area. It is reusable.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#3Pale HorsemanPosted 10/4/2011 1:55:39 PM
Damn...I think I shall remake my character and use one of those two...
I picked the one that gave you a little extra health...doesn't seem to be too useful...
---
Steam/PSN: SeraphimJulius
OMGWTFPIE:The Republican Party is founded on the principle that Obama is the Antichrist.
#4ValronicPosted 10/4/2011 1:56:59 PM

Umm what about the firebombs? They allow you a much easier first encounter with the tutorial boss and therefore a better weapon.

#5sikyPosted 10/4/2011 2:02:22 PM
Pick Pendent or Master Key, the other stuff isn't worth it. You don't NEED to have the firebomb to take down the boss without much trouble.
#6D_RocksPS3Posted 10/4/2011 2:03:05 PM
Valronic posted...
Umm what about the firebombs? They allow you a much easier first encounter with the tutorial boss and therefore a better weapon.

There are good...if you want the Tutorial Bosses weapon, otherwise I'd go with the other two options. Best combo right now is Thief and ether Black Firebombs (if you want tutorial boss weapon) or Black Pendant (for more story) since if you choose Thief you get Master key automatically, and can still choose a gift. Though he doesn't have the best of stats so it's a trade off in the beginning.
#7nite1017Posted 10/4/2011 2:05:17 PM
Valronic posted...

firebombs are good... if you're bad at dodging.

consider the tut boss the entrance level exam to get you good at dodging.
#8beestungPosted 10/5/2011 2:38:19 PM
Making my character right now and I'm gonna go for the best of both worlds. I've read that your starting class really makes little difference so I'm going Thief (since it starts with the Master Key anyway) with Pendant as my gift.