insufficient attunement slots?

#1stldrunksPosted 10/4/2011 6:38:57 PM

When i try to attune magic (heal spell) i getinsufficient attunement slots, What does that mean? I already have a talisman equipped

Thanks

#2guy_randomPosted 10/4/2011 6:44:22 PM
You have a certain amount of slots for magic, each spell taking up a certain amount. If you have 3 slots, and one spell needs 1 attunement slot, than you'd have 2 left. But if you get another spell that needs 3 attunement slots, you will need to get rid of your last spell you equiped. which is what I think is happening, if not i'm sorry I don't know.

but uh, where do you get more spells? i'm playing as a mage build like I did on demons souls, but i'm stuck in undead perish, I don't even get halfway through without running out of spells. Starting to think you can't do a mage only run =/
#3DuneManPosted 10/4/2011 6:45:56 PM
guy_random posted...
but uh, where do you get more spells? i'm playing as a mage build like I did on demons souls, but i'm stuck in undead perish, I don't even get halfway through without running out of spells. Starting to think you can't do a mage only run =/

Take the elevator down to the underground lake, and a Blacksmith is there that sells more copies of Soul Arrow, as well as Heavy Soul Arrow. You'll also free a guy in the alleyway patrolled by Hollow Thieves on the way to the Capra Demon. Then there is another guy at Sen's Castle.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#4rainedownPosted 10/4/2011 6:47:32 PM
I know the fat guy near the start can sell miracles, but as far as sorceries I /think/ that there's a trainer going toward the lake. That's entirely based on something I think I read at one point though, lol.
#5guy_randomPosted 10/4/2011 6:47:34 PM
DuneMan posted...

Take the elevator down to the underground lake, and a Blacksmith is there that sells more copies of Soul Arrow, as well as Heavy Soul Arrow. You'll also free a guy in the alleyway patrolled by Hollow Thieves on the way to the Capra Demon. Then there is another guy at Sen's Castle.

The elavator? i'm guessing I have to go back to the starting point and take the stairs down?
#6co0caPosted 10/4/2011 6:48:15 PM
I think the developers were trying to discourage ppl from going pure magic in this game with the charges.
#7DuneManPosted 10/4/2011 6:48:45 PM
guy_random posted...
The elavator? i'm guessing I have to go back to the starting point and take the stairs down?

Yeah, take it down to the round elevator room. Then go the edge and look for a small walkway that drops off, and he's in a barred window at that spot. IIRC he'll also do Magic and Enchanted weapon upgrade paths later on, though you might be able to get Magic +5 without gathering any Embers.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8guy_randomPosted 10/4/2011 6:50:30 PM
alright, i'll look for them. thank you (:

Sorry for kinda jacking your thread here though lol