Gargoyle Tail Axe

#1Red_RagnarokPosted 10/4/2011 8:10:32 PM
I just got this axe and I kinda like it, but I also have the Drake Sword. I'm not sure if I should upgrade the axe because I'm afraid it's gonna suck. It's +2 right now and still pales in comparison to the Drake Sword. Should I just ditch the axe and put the extra two points I need in strength in order to use the Drake Sword?
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#2ou1cramerPosted 10/4/2011 8:11:25 PM
Is the Gargoya Tail Axe as fast as the Hand Axe or is it huge and slow?
#3random_noobiePosted 10/4/2011 8:11:39 PM
the drake sword doesn't get stat scaling.

the drake sword is better until you get more stats.

iirc, the gargoyle axe has D/D scaling to start. or was it D/C?
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#4cody316Posted 10/4/2011 8:11:59 PM
Everything pales in comparison to the drake sword in the early game. Just like the dragon longsword or crescent falchion in Demon's Souls. Eventually, however, it will lose out completely. If you like the moveset, and you put in the appropriate stat points, it'll probably out damage the sword.
---
Official __ of too many boards
DDFF Regulars: Golbez, Gilgamesh, CoD, Prishe---MvC3 Team: Morrigan Aensland-Akuma-The Dread Dormammu
#5BeefyNukesPosted 10/4/2011 8:14:41 PM
Drake Sword = 200 Damage. No modifiers.

Gargoyle Tail Axe + 15 = 232 Damage. D Strength; C Dexterity.

Crystal garg Tail Axe +5 = 251 Damage. D ; C

Lightning Garg Tail Axe +5 = 255 Damage, D ; C 260 Lightning Damage

Those are some of the upgrades. I'm not sure what the rest really do, as most are weaker than the sword but probably make up for something else. And once again, the sword has 0 modifiers and can't be upgraded. The axe also gives you resistance to bleed and poison.
---
Don't know if you can run a computer game? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
#6Red_Ragnarok(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 8:15:29 PM

It's D/C. I'm not sure what that means though. I think it has a C on Dexterity. Does that mean the weapon will get stronger the more I level up my Dexterity?
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#7Red_Ragnarok(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 8:18:49 PM

Drake Sword = 200 Damage. No modifiers.

Gargoyle Tail Axe + 15 = 232 Damage. D Strength; C Dexterity.

Crystal garg Tail Axe +5 = 251 Damage. D ; C

Lightning Garg Tail Axe +5 = 255 Damage, D ; C 260 Lightning Damage

Those are some of the upgrades. I'm not sure what the rest really do, as most are weaker than the sword but probably make up for something else. And once again, the sword has 0 modifiers and can't be upgraded. The axe also gives you resistance to bleed and poison.

That looks decent. I still haven't even beaten the Gargoyles so I'm not sure how to upgrade aside from using Titanite. I'm guessing I just need to find a certain item or something.
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#8BeefyNukesPosted 10/4/2011 8:20:44 PM
Red_Ragnarok posted...

It's D/C. I'm not sure what that means though. I think it has a C on Dexterity. Does that mean the weapon will get stronger the more I level up my Dexterity?

Yes it does. It's damage scales from both Strength and dexterity, but more dexterity than strength. :]

As for upgrades, I'm not sure myself. I'm just spitting out information to help people out. <_>
---
Don't know if you can run a computer game? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
#9Warchilld999Posted 10/4/2011 8:22:36 PM
Red_Ragnarok posted...

Yes. Its a letter grade telling you how much of a bonus you get per point.
#10AtmaWeaponXPosted 10/4/2011 9:20:34 PM
Some upgrade routes abolish the normal scaling though, don't they?
Faith routes for example.
---
They say that Captain Falcon is the reason Waldo is hiding. Solid Snake is the reason Waldo was never found.