Any chance of a patch for the framerate?

#1Frozen-ShadowPosted 10/5/2011 8:08:45 AM
I'm not going to say it's awful and unplayable but it certainly isn't friggin' good. I don't know why so many reviewers never brought it up (makes me think they never played beyond a couple of hours). I thought it was something I could just overlook at first, but then I got to Blight Town. My god. That whole area seems to run at 15-20fps. It's like playing a ps2 game. A lot of the larger bosses have framerate dips as well. Forest area can be pretty bad at times as well. This is all at 1080p though. Next time I boot it up I'm going to lower my system down to 720p to see if that helps any.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#2EncephlonPosted 10/5/2011 8:09:44 AM
its the ps3 slowing down itself. you cant parch hardware issues. it exhibits slow down in multiple 3d games
---
Fighting games look forward to: Tekken Tag 2, KOF XIII
Cross-over games are nothing more than diluted junk for tasteless fans
#3shadowfreeze88Posted 10/5/2011 8:10:39 AM
360 version does it too in some parts. Lower resolution won't help. I play on a tiny standard definition and still get massive slowdown.
---
Wait, do you HERE that? Over THEIR! ITS the Grammar Police! THERE at THEY'RE computers and THEIR TO mad TOO HERE reason! THERE coming over HEAR TOO beat us!
#4Frozen-Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 8:11:26 AM
Encephlon posted...
its the ps3 slowing down itself. you cant parch hardware issues. it exhibits slow down in multiple 3d games

Well they could make a patch to lower the texture quality and that would certainly help take the load off the rendering system a bit.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#5nclifter2007Posted 10/5/2011 8:12:31 AM
The TECH is old this is so obvious to anyone who has a up to date gaming pc, I was however surprised at the frame drops in this game in blighttown... But so much you can do with 6 year old tech.
#6SolidKnightPosted 10/5/2011 1:36:53 PM
I suppose they think frequently dipping below 30fps is acceptable. They made too much game for the console.
#7Elements012894Posted 10/5/2011 1:46:46 PM
If Rage can do 60fps. Dark Souls should be able to do 30 consistent, the moment your camera catches things like fire or alot of grass it just dips like crazy.

Its not the PS3 or the 360 its the game, theres plenty of better looking games on the PS3. And the scale doesn't mean much unless the entire game is rendered. Which I'm certain it doesn't.

Not hating on the game, just its tech programming could use a bit of an upgrade.
---
3D is to MK what live-action is to Mario.Never again.-Jeriakimefu
PSN- tazz1989
#8ValronicPosted 10/5/2011 1:49:46 PM

Whatever engine they are using taxes the hardware when the camera is close ter certain things. The first one I noticed was when you accidently get raven feathers between you and your character.

It was the same in Demons Souls so we are likely stuck with it. Still its not so bad.

#9SolidKnightPosted 10/5/2011 5:31:12 PM
I doubt they could patch it either since it would go down to the very core of the engine's design. I'm fairly sure they already ran the game through a profiler, found the hot spots, and got rid of them. Of course, the other possibility is that they're just pushing GPU too hard. To fix that they'd have to change draw distances and lower detail. That's be a fairly big patch depending on what they specifically have to change.