transient curse

#1Pdiddy105Posted 10/5/2011 4:06:19 PM

i want to get past some ghosts and am considering using this. About how long does it last? and does it have any negative effects on you?

#2WebsandWigsPosted 10/5/2011 4:19:58 PM
I dont know cuz I got killed by those ghosts almost instantly both times I used it.
#3assfault88Posted 10/7/2011 2:02:39 PM
Lasts longer than you'd expect, but not long enough! The ghosts drop them sometimes, but still I'm out of them, and looking for ways to avoid having to pay 4k for new ones. I read somewhere that there was a ring that cursed you without affecting your HP, but can't find any more info on that, so I think it may be false.

While we're on the topic: what does curse even do?! I went through the sewers and all, beat the gaping demon, but managed to avoid getting cursed. If it's just that it reduces my max HP and will allow me to hit the ghosts, I'll go get myself cursed right away!
#4SetisPosted 10/7/2011 2:10:09 PM
assfault88 posted...
Lasts longer than you'd expect, but not long enough! The ghosts drop them sometimes, but still I'm out of them, and looking for ways to avoid having to pay 4k for new ones. I read somewhere that there was a ring that cursed you without affecting your HP, but can't find any more info on that, so I think it may be false.

While we're on the topic: what does curse even do?! I went through the sewers and all, beat the gaping demon, but managed to avoid getting cursed. If it's just that it reduces my max HP and will allow me to hit the ghosts, I'll go get myself cursed right away!

Curse insta-kills you and reduces your HP by half. It also can stack to the point where you can have 1/8th your normal HP.
#5chawlsPosted 10/7/2011 2:22:01 PM
I don't think using the item gives you the same curse as the actual "curse" debuff in the game, just allows you to attack the ghosts. I haven't noticed any negative effects from using it...

And about the ring, I haven't seen anything like that yet, but I have found one that instantly kills you without losing anything, cures your curse, and then breaks...? Still haven't actually been cursed yet though...