Online Co-Op/Summoning PETITION!!!!!!

#1D_RocksPS3Posted 10/5/2011 7:29:33 PM
Now I'm not normally one to complain, but this new P2P server thing is ruining the online experience for everybody. Not being able to at least join/help someone who specifically needs your help is plain stupid. In Demon Souls, the system wasn't full proof, but we could more or less buddy up and slay some demons with the people we wanted to with. This new system if crap and am disappointed in From Software for doing such. We already can't have chat/mics and can't specifically invite someone so why make the system worse? I know what they are trying to with having random people but sucking the fun out of the whole reason the online WAS fun from Demon Souls, is just a very poor decision.

So this is a petition to From Software to bring back the old method of Demon Souls or at least make it so you actually have a CHANCE to buddy up with the person your trying to join. Of course this is not guaranteed, but hell I (we) got to try to make Dark Souls an even better experience!

So if you feel the same please go over to the official Dark Souls web site (called preparetodie), go to forums, then "Ask the Developer" and it should be on the main page. Not sure if I can post direct links but here it is anyways: http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2829
#2D_RocksPS3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:33:16 PM
bump
#3KaraSawaKnightPosted 10/5/2011 7:35:05 PM
No way its gonna work man, but its a nice idea. I'll sign to help but nobody should really get their hopes up, imo.
---
"Me? I'm just here to see how the story unfolds." Balthier, FFXII
#4SantaeidPosted 10/5/2011 7:35:53 PM
signed
---
If you like playing games for fun & don't care for KDR then come join my clan. Where peps like u and me can hangout and have fun. http://hobos.comze.com
#5DevirukiPosted 10/5/2011 7:36:24 PM
signed.
---
oh hai. :D
MHTri: Wish MGO: Deviruki
#6ragedemonzPosted 10/5/2011 7:36:30 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the major influence to the coop was covenants. When you are part of a covenant you'll coop with other players of that particular covenant.
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's a scavenger hunt.
LoL - Poisodon
#7pure_filthPosted 10/5/2011 7:37:55 PM
so your saying that i can't just lay a summon sign down and have a friend wait there to summon me?
#8Gmoney-Posted 10/5/2011 7:40:43 PM

so your saying that i can't just lay a summon sign down and have a friend wait there to summon me?

Nope. It works sometimes. But barely ever. It sucks.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#9Demoskinos85Posted 10/5/2011 7:42:23 PM
So.... your mad because you can't do something the developers never intended you to be able to do in the first place? Totally logical.
---
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!
#10D_RocksPS3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:44:56 PM
pure_filth posted...

That is exactly how the new system works unfortunately :/

@Ragedemonz
Hmmm well I think the Covenant's main goal was to have people in "clans" sorta to have teams and make competition a little spicier. Now imagine if they brought back the old system, and the benefit of easier summoning within Covenants. But it's not just summoning, it's the lack of ghost and notes too

@Karasawaknight
Well, if there's one thing I learned from Demon/Dark Souls, it's that I will never defeat an opponent unless I try :) But I'm not the only petitioning, check the official Dark Souls forums (not gamefaqs) and virtually EVERYONE is unhappy with the new system, and to me is the only major flaw in the game thus far. It's not bad, but if it ain't broke (Demon Souls method) then don't fix it.