Best places to get summoned? Where are the best places to put your summon sign?

#1CellSoundPosted 10/5/2011 7:44:06 PM
I want to help people out and I often do put my summon sign down wherever I go. Is it best to put them outside of bonfire areas, hallways, before bosses, etc.?

How about, what are the best places to put sign down in each area?
---
Top10: FFVII, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Goldeneye 64, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid
#2_Undying_Posted 10/5/2011 7:52:56 PM
bump
---
What the hell is a "Bacchikoi"?
#3dolt123_basicPosted 10/5/2011 7:55:38 PM
The online summoning mechanic is absolutely broken/ineffective. I have put down 30+ marks at various important sections and not a single multiplayer game, I've seen some passing phantoms but no game joining.

I'm curious as to how they ruined the multiplayer aspect so badly this go? It was great in Demons Souls.
---
PSN ID: Kill__House (two underscore between Kill and House)
#4CellSound(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:56:51 PM
dolt123_basic posted...
The online summoning mechanic is absolutely broken/ineffective. I have put down 30+ marks at various important sections and not a single multiplayer game, I've seen some passing phantoms but no game joining.

I'm curious as to how they ruined the multiplayer aspect so badly this go? It was great in Demons Souls.

I am starting to feel the same way. Hope I'm wrong and it picks up.
---
Top10: FFVII, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Goldeneye 64, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid
#5_Undying_Posted 10/5/2011 7:57:47 PM
I have not been invaded either.
---
What the hell is a "Bacchikoi"?
#6Metal_SlugXPosted 10/5/2011 8:00:44 PM
I think the problem is that no one wants to use their humanity up.

Or new people simply don't know how.

Also, due to the more open nature of the game there are too many places to put down a sign. Back in Demon's Souls it was easy to know where to drop your eyes stones. Right at the start of the level and near the boss. Done. In Dark Souls... not so easy to do since there are no real "starts" and stops.
---
PSN: MetalSlugIV
Demon's Souls Platinum Club
#7BoUPosted 10/5/2011 8:00:50 PM
because no one has humanity. LOL, how the hell do you get it? haha
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/ic5mao.gif http://i51.tinypic.com/21jd2kn.gif http://i53.tinypic.com/2wr268w.gif
#8Zio_DynePosted 10/5/2011 8:06:34 PM
Most people either don't know how or simply don't want to deal with all that comes with being in human form just yet, and also, I'd be willing to bet that it's REALLY unlikely anyone is going to summon you right in front of a fog gate anymore because, as far as I know, you can't turn human on the fly now. I'd assume that your absolute best bet is to place signs right next to bonfires, which means you can't just jump straight to the good part >.<.
#9silveraytooPosted 10/5/2011 8:50:52 PM(edited)
I had 4 humanity, while in human, by the time I beat the Taurus demon. I only wasted the first sprite to turn human. I died and lost it all but I only used 1 humanity sprite to "return human". I'm wondering, how did I accumulate humanity without wasting sprites?

I also found a summoning sign on the stairs before the 2 knights guarding the first merchant in undead burg, I opened the menue clicked yes but no one came. I looked around and didn't see anyone. The name was blackguy### if it matters/is from GFAQS, blackguy742 I think. I was around level 8-11
---
Help reduce the population of idiots, spay and neuter your stupid friends