Protip: Upgrading your armor is so worth it.

#1HosakaSenpaiPosted 10/5/2011 7:15:20 PM
Currently wearing the Elite Knight set and every piece is only +3, but there is a HUGE difference between now and when it wasn't upgraded.

I can actually stand around that room in the Undead Parish with the caster and a whole bunch of Undead swarming you and just tank all their hits while I kill them.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
#2Hiei_the_SternPosted 10/5/2011 7:16:50 PM
Yeap yeap, and since titanite shards are so cheap, no reason whyyou shouldnt grind alil and upgrade your gears, if you're having trouble.

I need twinkling titanites to upgrade my armors ._. No idea where to farm these.
---
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
#3returnalPosted 10/5/2011 7:20:08 PM
Random question... what's a good general purpose armor that's not too heavy?
#4Hiei_the_SternPosted 10/5/2011 7:21:37 PM
I love the Gold Hemmed gears and the Favor gears. Nice defence and not heavy, but no poise.
---
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
#5Sythstrife99Posted 10/5/2011 7:22:22 PM
returnal posted...

this. i started as a soldier and am thinking of upgrading (if its an upgrade) to chain mail and then upgrading it since i have zero problem killing black knights of ANY sort (or you know..farming enough to buy titanite)
#6Cmac4Posted 10/5/2011 7:23:33 PM
returnal posted...

They drop off of Crystal Lizards...You can also trade for like 4 of em with the Crow Lady.
#7HosakaSenpai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:25:13 PM
The starting Warrior set strikes a good balance between weight and protection. Apart from that, it's more about just raising your Equip Burden through your END and special ring effects to be able to effectively roll with heavy armor.
---
Vagabond Sausage™
I got 99 problems, but a mod ain't one.
#8HighOnPhazonPosted 10/6/2011 1:46:11 AM
I was playing this game like I did in Demon Souls, using Black Leather but rolling was nerfed. I put on the full set of Elite Knights and started pumping my Endurance and I'm wearing Havel's ring right now. Damn, Armor is very good now. I don't run all that fast and my roll isn't perfect but the damage protection is so worth it.

Armor is actually good now.
---
GameFaqs message boards, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
#9TWPEPosted 10/6/2011 1:50:34 AM
Poise is just too awesome to give up...
---
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.
#10SkiibaPosted 10/6/2011 1:50:59 AM
I think i found that elite knight set last night, I will try it out now that I have Havels ring too.

The gold hemmed stuff looks amazing though, I don't want to take it off but am I correct in saying the gold hemmed stuff is not upgradeable?