Why online does not work confirmed by Bandai Namco (Atlus should have published)

#1web01Posted 10/5/2011 7:47:13 PM(edited)
With their refusal to provide dedicated servers the online system is completely broken
and much worse than Demon Souls which worked great.

Here is confirmation of how the online works below, it confirms
there are "multiple lobbies" which makes global servers pointless and connecting with friends almost impossible.It also confirms souls level range is +/- 10% which is why basically no one is even seeing soul signs.

http://support.namcobandaigames.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=247&nav=0,1,320

After how much of a big deal they made they were listening to the community this is really pathetic. I have no doubt that part of Namcos deal to publish the game in US / EUROPE was the removal of dedicated servers.

If Atlus published we probably would have never had this problem and they also would have neverdone a bait and switch with the special edition.
#2DeathRowKidPosted 10/5/2011 7:53:25 PM
This is bogus. I don't know who to believe. I am level 38 and just grouped with a player that is Level 30, therefore, out of the 10% range. The Official Guide says that players need to be within a "10 Level range" not 10%. The 10% would make much more sense if such a formula kicked in after level 100.

Second, I have not tried summoning until today... and today it went as smooth as can be expected. I was summoned 10 times to help kill Gaping Dragon, and successfully killed the Dragon 8 times out of those 10.... great Soul and Humanity Farming. There was never more than a few minute delay... quite a few times I was summoned within 60 seconds of dropping my summon sign.
#3web01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:56:46 PM(edited)
Well this is straight from Bandai Namco they did not just make this formula and
level requirement up.

It also confirms why people cannot see friends signs at the same level because you are only conected to a limited number of people at any one time.
#4DeathRowKidPosted 10/5/2011 7:57:13 PM
Also, if lobbies are indeed being used, then that does greatly decrease the speed at which we would be able to invade others and summon others because it exposes the host player's word to far fewer players....

with that being said, we have no idea how big these lobbies are... they may be in place to accommodate for the size of the player base... Demon's Souls was nowhere near as active as Dark Souls was.... Demon's Souls I think only sold 300K in its first week, and was deemed a success. Wouldn't surprise me if Dark Souls was already at the 1 Million mark here in Europe and the States in its first 48 hours alone.
#5SaintTweeterPosted 10/5/2011 7:57:39 PM
For anyone doubting online is broken: Do you see any bloodstains? There should be stains everywhere, since the game is fresh and everyone is likely dying.
---
Its Geese as in "Geese Howard", the SNK boss! From back when SNK was still around and made decent games!
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa
#6jer_1Posted 10/5/2011 7:59:59 PM

I think the best thing everyone can do is write them and let them know how bad of a decision this is for the co-op multiplayer.

support@namcobandaigames.com

#7Mcjon01Posted 10/5/2011 8:00:46 PM
Geese911 posted...
For anyone doubting online is broken: Do you see any bloodstains? There should be stains everywhere, since the game is fresh and everyone is likely dying.

Yeah, everywhere. In places that I can't even comprehend people being able to die, sometimes.

Playing on the 360, though.
---
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
#8psxotakuPosted 10/5/2011 8:00:55 PM
I am definitely not feeling the online in this game like I did Demon's Souls. This P2P crap is not working well, some areas feel like a complete ghosttown, and not having dedicated servers just sucks.
#9deathpenalty13Posted 10/5/2011 8:01:27 PM
Seeing far less bloodstains than there should be.

The third game better have servers again.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#10SoljahPosted 10/5/2011 8:02:06 PM
umm it was this way in demon souls. wtf are people complaing about this for?
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg