Path of the Dragon covenant. Badass item.

#1Severance22Posted 10/6/2011 7:30:38 PM

So, how many of you guys joined the dragon covenant? After reading about the item you get for joining, I just couldn't resist. And, after a LONG and extremely painstaking trip through the Great Hollow and Ash Lake, I can now turn my head into a dragon's head and breathe fire. Hell yes. It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it is cool as hell. Anybody else made this long journey and joined up??

#2LordOfDonkeysPosted 10/6/2011 7:33:54 PM
i will eventually, seeing what the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant has in store when I hand in enough emblems first.

This lightning bolt is my new favorite thing though.
---
G + F + C + D + Em
Get women
#3BleakHarvestPosted 10/6/2011 9:22:14 PM
When is the earliest you can do this?
#4GodzFollowerPosted 10/7/2011 9:39:37 AM

i will eventually, seeing what the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant has in store when I hand in enough emblems first.

This lightning bolt is my new favorite thing though.

So the Warrior of Sunlight is how you get Gwyns Lighting Bolt? I guess im going to be added into the book of guilty soon.....
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#5brackorPosted 10/8/2011 6:48:59 PM
BleakHarvest posted...
When is the earliest you can do this?

Assuming you have the master key, at the start. Just go down the elevator from firelink shrine, head right through the valley of drakes, down to the bottom of blighttown, left up the tree root ramp (with hidden walls) to great hollow and finally make a mad dash down the beach at ash lake. Did this on a new cleric with few issues. It's possible (likely) you will end up getting cursed on this route, so you may wish to at least wait until you open up the elevator from the cathedral so you can get the red orb shards to trade for the curse cure or until after ringing the bell so you can just flat out buy one.

*important note, if you're going to try it right away, do a few suicide runs in the valley of drakes to grab the gear before heading into blight town. You pick up a fire resistant and poison resistant shield plus some decent gear which help quite a bit.

*Important note #2, don't try and fight through, run and dodge everything. All the critters reset when you get to the bonfires.

Thinking I might make a post on how to get there.
#6Ochoa_ManPosted 10/8/2011 6:58:42 PM
I joined as well. I ventured towards it and got it around level 24 as a pyro. I'm currently at +1 and collected 11 more dragon scales.

I'm curious about how many it takes to level to +2. I read it says 30 to +2, so is that including the previous 10 to get to level 1. Or is it an additional 30 scales?
#7orphanjohnPosted 10/8/2011 8:14:44 PM
Ochoa_Man posted...
I joined as well. I ventured towards it and got it around level 24 as a pyro. I'm currently at +1 and collected 11 more dragon scales.

I'm curious about how many it takes to level to +2. I read it says 30 to +2, so is that including the previous 10 to get to level 1. Or is it an additional 30 scales?

im about 10 away from giving 30 total, so ill find out soon enough.
---
PSN: orphanjohn
www.epicvideogamers.com
#8CellSoundPosted 10/8/2011 8:16:21 PM
how do you breathe fire? I have the dragon head, but can't breathe fire.
---
Top10: FFVII, SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, SM64, Goldeneye 64, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid
#9orphanjohnPosted 10/8/2011 8:17:04 PM
Severance22 posted...
It doesn't do a ton of damage

The absolute merc job I've been doing by laying down the dragon's eye to invade for dragon scales would beg to differ. The only match I've lost is to someone with the mist ring.
---
PSN: orphanjohn
www.epicvideogamers.com
#10Hiei_the_SternPosted 10/8/2011 8:17:05 PM
You farmed all these scales from human players?

Amazing o_o
---
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru