Red Drake on Bridge not dying

#1HaruLancePosted 10/6/2011 6:53:45 PM
I've pumped over 700 standard and wooden arrows into him and his health isn't moving anymore. Is there something I'm missing?
#2norush24minutesPosted 10/6/2011 6:54:25 PM
You're not missing anything.
He's bugged. You have to start over at a bonfire.
#3aznkidxDPosted 10/6/2011 7:09:57 PM
Just making sure, but you do have the dex requirement for the bow, right? If not, there's your problem. Otherwise, yes, he's bugged so go back to the bonfire. Took me 150-180 shots with wooden arrows for reference.
#4HaruLance(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 7:19:26 PM
Resting at the bonfire doesn't seem to be making any difference. I've hit him with 200 standard arrows now. Guess I'll go rest and try again...
#5aerials47Posted 10/6/2011 7:26:47 PM
i've pumped like 100 arrows into him with a longbow +5, dex build with 25 dex. i destroy the tail then start shooting at his head. after about a quarter or less, he just does this head shake thing and heals?
idk, im thinking he's invincible until i do something. but i rang both bells already :(
---
gladly awaiting TESV:Skyrim, Resistance 3, Dark Souls, and Mass Effect 3
#6HaruLance(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 7:37:11 PM
After a few tries I managed to run into the room and activate the shortcut while the dragon was on the bridge. Then when I came back, he flew away O_o
#7tales_of_chaosPosted 10/6/2011 7:49:52 PM
HaruLance posted...
After a few tries I managed to run into the room and activate the shortcut while the dragon was on the bridge. Then when I came back, he flew away O_o

he comes back when u dont want him too....no seriously he does.... jsut go do something else. then run down the bridge and bam hes there roasting u....
---
xbox GT chaotic blader ps3 tag caoticblader...forgot my h >.>
#8SoljahPosted 10/6/2011 7:50:51 PM
I had the same problem, just thought I wasn't "supposed" to kill it yet so I moved on with the story.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#9nefraiPosted 10/7/2011 7:41:36 PM
Anyone "killing" the Drake with arrows should post a youtube video. It's not a glitch, the Drake heals himself around 1/2 HP. Watch his health, and around 1/2 HP he puts his up to his wing, and regens to 2/3 HP. Arrows aren't strong enough to finish him off, you need to either melee him on the bridge at that point, or make him fly a lot to make him suicide (he land in the wrong spot, and accidentally kills himself).