Is Elite Knight Armour worth upgrading?

#1Ryder_49Posted 10/7/2011 12:53:45 AM

I'm a knight and I just got it from the forest. I was thinking of upgrading it since it looks pretty badass but is there some armour later on I should focus on?

#2LegendXPPosted 10/7/2011 12:54:22 AM
I am... just because I love it.
---
Dark Souls - Never Give Up - 10.4.11
#3Agnostic420Posted 10/7/2011 12:54:52 AM
What is considered elite knight armor? The east armor? I went to the forest and that's the only armor I've found.
#4SmarkilPosted 10/7/2011 12:56:03 AM
Agnostic420 posted...
What is considered elite knight armor? The east armor? I went to the forest and that's the only armor I've found.

No.

The Elite armor is found near the bonfire near the door that opens with the Crest. It's in a little path right next to that door.
---
()]]]]]]]];;;oo;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/
#5Ryder_49(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 12:58:14 AM

I'm pretty certain it's called Elite Knight armour. It's in the first section of the forest after you go past the locked door ( that you need 20,000 souls to get in), then proceed down to where those massive stone knight/golem things are. It's on the right hand side of the area and after you pick it up you get ultra ambushed by like 2 golems and 3 treant things.

#6ZenlightenedPosted 10/7/2011 12:59:52 AM
Yes, very much so worth it. I'm only wearing the chest and the legs since I haven't quite reached 40 endurance (which caps your stam and allows you to roll with the full suit of elite knight armor interestingly enough). I have both at +5 and the difference is amazing. Poise is almost cheating, and the damage reduction is nothing to scoff at.
#7Mud_ChanPosted 10/7/2011 1:00:10 AM
Elite knight and east are two different armors. Apparently the Elite Knight Armor is a pretty good set though. You may want to if you like using it.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#8tmrw_nt_tdyPosted 10/7/2011 1:03:03 AM
i'm sporting a +5 elite knight set myself. i think it's a lot better than east-west armor since this one does have higher def, but it weighs more than elite knight. wearing my sword/sword and shield/bow with wolf ring/havel ring. under 50% burden so rolling's not much of an issue, and i can pretty much take hits like a boss. XP .
---
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill thousands of men and you are a hero, Kill them all, and you are a god.
#9Ryder_49(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 1:03:24 AM

Zenlightened posted...
Yes, very much so worth it. I'm only wearing the chest and the legs since I haven't quite reached 40 endurance (which caps your stam and allows you to roll with the full suit of elite knight armor interestingly enough). I have both at +5 and the difference is amazing. Poise is almost cheating, and the damage reduction is nothing to scoff at.

40 Endurance here I come! Ha ha, but yeah that sounds pretty sweet, to you have to use a titanite shard/chunk thingeverytime you upgrade them?

#10DeathRowKidPosted 10/7/2011 1:03:55 AM
well, it doesn't cost too much to upgrade... The material required to upgrade each armor piece to +3 can be purchased with souls. So you can farm the souls to upgrade. To upgrade each piece to the first +1 requires a total of 4,000 souls, assuming you don't have any titanite shards. If the materials were rare then I'd maybe wait. So there is no harm in upgrading everything to +3 at least, which is what i did.