Is Elite Knight Armour worth upgrading?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Elite Knight Armour worth upgrading?

User Info: Ryder_49

Ryder_49
5 years ago#1

I'm a knight and I just got it from the forest. I was thinking of upgrading it since it looks pretty badass but is there some armour later on I should focus on?

User Info: LegendXP

LegendXP
5 years ago#2
I am... just because I love it.
Dark Souls - Never Give Up - 10.4.11

User Info: Agnostic420

Agnostic420
5 years ago#3
What is considered elite knight armor? The east armor? I went to the forest and that's the only armor I've found.

User Info: Smarkil

Smarkil
5 years ago#4
Agnostic420 posted...
What is considered elite knight armor? The east armor? I went to the forest and that's the only armor I've found.

No.

The Elite armor is found near the bonfire near the door that opens with the Crest. It's in a little path right next to that door.
()]]]]]]]];;;oo;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/

Ryder_49
5 years ago#5

I'm pretty certain it's called Elite Knight armour. It's in the first section of the forest after you go past the locked door ( that you need 20,000 souls to get in), then proceed down to where those massive stone knight/golem things are. It's on the right hand side of the area and after you pick it up you get ultra ambushed by like 2 golems and 3 treant things.

User Info: Zenlightened

Zenlightened
5 years ago#6
Yes, very much so worth it. I'm only wearing the chest and the legs since I haven't quite reached 40 endurance (which caps your stam and allows you to roll with the full suit of elite knight armor interestingly enough). I have both at +5 and the difference is amazing. Poise is almost cheating, and the damage reduction is nothing to scoff at.

User Info: Mud_Chan

Mud_Chan
5 years ago#7
Elite knight and east are two different armors. Apparently the Elite Knight Armor is a pretty good set though. You may want to if you like using it.
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/

User Info: tmrw_nt_tdy

tmrw_nt_tdy
5 years ago#8
i'm sporting a +5 elite knight set myself. i think it's a lot better than east-west armor since this one does have higher def, but it weighs more than elite knight. wearing my sword/sword and shield/bow with wolf ring/havel ring. under 50% burden so rolling's not much of an issue, and i can pretty much take hits like a boss. XP .
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill thousands of men and you are a hero, Kill them all, and you are a god.

Ryder_49
5 years ago#9

Zenlightened posted...
Yes, very much so worth it. I'm only wearing the chest and the legs since I haven't quite reached 40 endurance (which caps your stam and allows you to roll with the full suit of elite knight armor interestingly enough). I have both at +5 and the difference is amazing. Poise is almost cheating, and the damage reduction is nothing to scoff at.

40 Endurance here I come! Ha ha, but yeah that sounds pretty sweet, to you have to use a titanite shard/chunk thingeverytime you upgrade them?

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
5 years ago#10
well, it doesn't cost too much to upgrade... The material required to upgrade each armor piece to +3 can be purchased with souls. So you can farm the souls to upgrade. To upgrade each piece to the first +1 requires a total of 4,000 souls, assuming you don't have any titanite shards. If the materials were rare then I'd maybe wait. So there is no harm in upgrading everything to +3 at least, which is what i did.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Elite Knight Armour worth upgrading?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived