How many orange fog doors are there + strange invader? (spoilers)

#1ExeneskPosted 10/7/2011 12:00:35 AM
I'm curious, how many orange fog doors are there? I've dealt with the one near the lava area (after ceaseless discharge boss), along with the one that leads to seath and also the one that leads to Nito. That makes 3 doors I know of, can someone please tell me where the rest are?

Also there was a strange invader just now. I killed him and got a hammer and shield off him, which doesn't make any sense, I didn't think you could take the armaments off invaders. Plus who tries to stick a heal within jump attack distance?
#2GlickWickPosted 10/7/2011 12:14:14 AM
Those are NPC invaders, not players
#3GambitGTPosted 10/7/2011 12:14:57 AM
Exenesk posted...
I'm curious, how many orange fog doors are there? I've dealt with the one near the lava area (after ceaseless discharge boss), along with the one that leads to seath and also the one that leads to Nito. That makes 3 doors I know of, can someone please tell me where the rest are?

Also there was a strange invader just now. I killed him and got a hammer and shield off him, which doesn't make any sense, I didn't think you could take the armaments off invaders. Plus who tries to stick a heal within jump attack distance?

theres only 3 because the 4 kings one is a gate instead for darkwraiths to kill him without vessel
#4Exenesk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 12:49:51 AM
DarkBob posted...
Those are NPC invaders, not players

Ah, thanks

And to Gambit: Thanks, but now I've no idea what to do. I just gave the two souls I got from seath and Nito to the lord vessel but haven't the faintest where to head. I even took the time to kill the hydra (not as tough as I first imagined).
#5steun91Posted 10/7/2011 1:02:30 AM
Now you need to go beyond the spider boss. After the spider boss was the 2nd, bell, remember? From there on, proceed. There are some more bosses to kill there. The last one will give you a Lord Soul.
---
Tsk....tsk....tsk....
#6steun91Posted 10/7/2011 1:03:18 AM
Oh i see, you already did that... nvm.... just kill the 4 kings then...
---
Tsk....tsk....tsk....
#7bkteerPosted 10/7/2011 1:13:53 AM
Well you need 2 more souls. One of them is gotten by going all the way through demon ruins. After fighting the centipede demon and getting the ring that greatly reduces lava damage, keep going forward and go to your left. You will reach a place called Lost izalith. The boss of that place is the bed of chaos. Kill him for a lord soul.

The other lord soul is that of the four kings.
#8Exenesk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 1:21:33 AM
bkteer posted...
Well you need 2 more souls. One of them is gotten by going all the way through demon ruins. After fighting the centipede demon and getting the ring that greatly reduces lava damage, keep going forward and go to your left. You will reach a place called Lost izalith. The boss of that place is the bed of chaos. Kill him for a lord soul.

The other lord soul is that of the four kings.

Ah, the fog door lifted and there were two bosses I encountered inside: One was the fiery version of the stray demon, and the other was the centipede. There's a locked door that I can't get through though (there are about four harmless bugs outside too).

Will try to get to the four kings, they're in the haunted old londo ruins right? Will equip ring of abyss walking and see if I can find them.
#9Exenesk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 1:46:24 AM
Ehm, still stuck.

I remembered what you said about the centipede, the thing is I can't continue going forward after killing him, simply because there's nowhere to go. I equipped the lava ring and ran across to what appeared to be an archway but it seems blocked by stone (do I need to be alive to get across?)

As for the four kings, do they reside in what I now realized is New londo ruins? If there IS a place called OLD londo ruins, I don't actually know where it is.
#10bkteerPosted 10/7/2011 1:57:59 AM
Exenesk posted...
Ehm, still stuck.

I remembered what you said about the centipede, the thing is I can't continue going forward after killing him, simply because there's nowhere to go. I equipped the lava ring and ran across to what appeared to be an archway but it seems blocked by stone (do I need to be alive to get across?)

As for the four kings, do they reside in what I now realized is New londo ruins? If there IS a place called OLD londo ruins, I don't actually know where it is.

check on the left hand wall of where you killed the centipede. You will find a 'hole' that is actually a pathway to lost izalith.

New londo ruins is directly below firelink shrine. When you first start off at firelink shrine, climb stairs down on your left. You will reach anatasia, a person who can reinforce your estus flask. Proceed even further down and you reach an elevator. Take that to get to new londo ruins.