Iaido Sword/Chaos Blade (stats)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Iaido Sword/Chaos Blade (stats)

User Info: nightshadow275

nightshadow275
5 years ago#1
So when I get there I will always use the Iaido Sword/Chaos blade but I have a few questions I need resolved so I can work on my build for it.

1st of all, maybe a stupid question :p. The Chaos blade is sort of an upgrade from the Iaido sword right? the move set/looks will remain the same?

And then my second and last question already xD. What stats should I focus on? To be more precise does the Iaido Sword/Chaos blade scale best with str or dex?

Edit:

One more question I started off with a warrior class, would it be better to be a wandered or a thief class to play with those weapons? I did build mainly dex and endurance so far though on my warrior, so I did build the right way so far I think.
PSN: Hayashi_Kaidou
XBOX Live: Don't use XBL anymore

User Info: CaptainTeg

CaptainTeg
5 years ago#2
curved blades are boosted most with dex, iaito has a different r2 move other than that their moveset should be the same, as far as upgrade goes, depends on your play style, one could be more powerful than the other

User Info: Hiei_the_Stern

Hiei_the_Stern
5 years ago#3
Chaos blade is a blade of its own, thus have its own r2 moves. If you value iaito's unique iai strikes, do not use it to upgrade into chaos blade. Use uchigatana, a bubble katana if you join the forest covenant.

Chaos blade scales if dexterity with a b. It also gets stronger the more humanity you have
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru

nightshadow275
5 years ago#4
ok thanks so far for the input anyone who can answer my edit as well? ^^ :p

User Info: CaptainTeg

CaptainTeg
5 years ago#5
should be fine, you prolly would have pumped a few points into str as a wander or hunter anyway

User Info: Hiei_the_Stern

Hiei_the_Stern
5 years ago#6
lmao i called uchigatana a bubble katana >.> i meant buyable
Future Lalafell Lancer~
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru

nightshadow275
5 years ago#7
^ haha I was thinking like bubble katana? wtf is that xD, that explains a lot. :p

Thanks all for the help btw :), my questions have been solved now.

User Info: Amphrad

Amphrad
5 years ago#8
@CaptainTeg, do you happen to know what the exact stat requirements are for the Chaos Blade?

User Info: SickMinder

SickMinder
5 years ago#9
bump for stat-req ^^
PSN - SickMinder

User Info: grimm201

grimm201
5 years ago#10
Does it have to be a katana type weapon or could I use another curved weapon like the falchion or scimitar?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Iaido Sword/Chaos Blade (stats)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived