Gravelord Sword vs Black Knight Greataxe

#1GodzFollowerPosted 10/7/2011 7:16:12 AM
I ask cuz Im interesting in that black knight great axe, I got it but the Str req is 36(mine is currently 24), and I wanna know how well it'll work out if I 1 hand it.

Im useing the Gravelords sword right now, which well its base damage is on par with the Drake Sword + 1, which is nice, as it seems to scale though not much with E's across the board.

Black Knight Greataxe scales well with a B in str, E in dex(if im reading the menus' properly). Anyone actually strong enough to 1 hand the weapon?

I know you can't expect to swing it as fast as the Black Knights do, but is it worth the high ass investment in Str(not to bad im going down that path anyways), or should I focus upgrading other weapons?
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#2Xcon3Posted 10/7/2011 7:28:02 AM
I use the black knight sword,
I may switch to the great axe or possibly the great sword, but so far I am loving the black knight sword.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#3GodzFollower(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 7:55:39 AM

I use the black knight sword,
I may switch to the great axe or possibly the great sword, but so far I am loving the black knight sword.

ok so the weapons can be worth it I see, I guess i'll wait til I get my Str that high and use the gravelords sword in the meantime. I hope I can get a Black Knight Sword and Shield as drops from one of them, you just don't run into enough of them.
---
#4RigrotPosted 10/7/2011 9:26:51 AM
I haven't bothered with, or obtained, the axe. I have the Gravelord sword +2 its at around 306 damage and I'm loving it. The axe would probably be best for a pure strength guy since it has B for str and a good chunk of damage right off the bat.

imo
Axe if you are gonna be a pure warrior kinda guy
Gravelord if you plan of using magic or something to that extent.
---
Wish trees were round so that tacos wouldnt have to climb so high to eat the scared ponies out of thier nests and into the real world where they eat money!!!
#5gutsalloverPosted 10/7/2011 9:28:21 AM

I have 50 strength, but I'll check out the Black Knight Greataxe when I get a chance. Been using the Dragon Great Axe (think that's the name) lately.

#6GodzFollower(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 2:39:58 PM
I still got a bit to go before I can properly wield the bad boy....

I have 50 strength, but I'll check out the Black Knight Greataxe when I get a chance. Been using the Dragon Great Axe (think that's the name) lately.

which dragon drops this? And is it effective still while being used 1 handed?

I haven't bothered with, or obtained, the axe. I have the Gravelord sword +2 its at around 306 damage and I'm loving it. The axe would probably be best for a pure strength guy since it has B for str and a good chunk of damage right off the bat.

imo
Axe if you are gonna be a pure warrior kinda guy
Gravelord if you plan of using magic or something to that extent.

My guy is nearly pure warrior, he's a pyromancer so I have those as backup spells, melee is my main things so that kinda works. I just want to wield it with 1hand.
---