How does backstab damage and sneaking work?

#1lazy_titanPosted 10/7/2011 10:21:16 AM
Does backstab damage and sneaking up on an enemy come from stats or is it basted on equipment. Both? Neither?
---
No, Im not a pessimist. At some point the world craps on everybody. Pretending it aint crap makes you an idiot, not an optimist." ****mydadsays.tumblr.com
#2Nasada19Posted 10/7/2011 10:22:42 AM
Sneaking is based on armor (lighter armor easier, heavy armor harder) and backstab is just based on whatever you weapon's damage is based off of.
---
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
#3PureAzurePosted 10/7/2011 10:24:10 AM
If you want to sneak, walk. That means lightly tilting your left analog.

Back stab damage and riposte damage are considered [Critical] hits. If you look at your weapon stats, each weapon has a different [Critical] multiplier. Most will have 100. Daggers are usually the one with the highest [Critical] multiplier and thus, higher backstab and riposte damage.
#4masterchiefAOKPosted 10/7/2011 10:27:05 AM
does that mean you have to have a certain number of points in str/dex to backstab? cuz sometimes im right behind a guy and nothing happens.
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/7/2011 10:32:21 AM
masterchiefAOK posted...
does that mean you have to have a certain number of points in str/dex to backstab? cuz sometimes im right behind a guy and nothing happens.

No, your positioning just needs to be pretty perfect.
#6lazy_titan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 10:48:15 AM
so does a high dex make you move faster to get behind someone to backstab?

Im guessing a dagger has a really high multiplier vs long sword. Does that mean the Dex also increase damge of normal and backstab attacks? If so is it only on certain weapons like daggers or short swords?
---
No, Im not a pessimist. At some point the world craps on everybody. Pretending it aint crap makes you an idiot, not an optimist." ****mydadsays.tumblr.com
#7SelkiPrimePosted 10/7/2011 10:53:39 AM
i always switch to my dagger before i backstab.
---
PSN: Zero_Exe
Gamertag : FamilyExe
#8lazy_titan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 10:53:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]