Okie...in detail how the hell do i join a friend?

#1SsliasilPosted 10/7/2011 8:29:51 PM
Its infuriatingly difficult to join a friend in this game...

So one of you needs to be human...

and the player who wants to be summoned to the Humans game places his Loadstone...

The Human player summons the second player using that players soul mark thinger....

Does the human player only need to use one Humanity to reverse his/her hollowfication?

What is the level spread and does the higher level player have to be the Human?
---
"Ya know?" Wakka FF X and X-2.
#2Ssliasil(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 8:34:06 PM
bump
---
#3Ssliasil(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 8:36:02 PM
anyone?
---
#4CoolDrinks22Posted 10/7/2011 8:36:20 PM
Ssliasil posted...
Its infuriatingly difficult to join a friend in this game...

So one of you needs to be human...

and the player who wants to be summoned to the Humans game places his Loadstone...

The Human player summons the second player using that players soul mark thinger....

Does the human player only need to use one Humanity to reverse his/her hollowfication?

What is the level spread and does the higher level player have to be the Human?

-Yes
-At the same spot as the Human
-Yes
-I'm not sure about this line, all hollows need one humanity to revert back to human, but can only do it with their own character and not others I think
-Apparently it is +/- 10% of the human player's soul level

However, it is hard to have co-op with a friend because of multiple lobbies. You and your friend may be in different lobbies and not know it. If you are in different lobbies, it is impossible to meet each other.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60546014

^^^^ For explanation about online
---
"I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious." - The Milkman
And the sea shall run white with his rage...
#5Ssliasil(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 8:40:14 PM
any possible way to know what lobby you are in? Is it possible to change lobbies (like relogging)
---
#6CoolDrinks22Posted 10/7/2011 8:48:17 PM
Ssliasil posted...
any possible way to know what lobby you are in? Is it possible to change lobbies (like relogging)

You can change lobbies from what I have read, but there is no way to tell which lobby you and your friend is in both. You reset lobbies by resetting your console.
Maybe your friend can leave a message and if you see the message, there's a higher chance you are in the same lobby. I suggest doing it in a secluded spot where only you and your friend know so you won't mistake another player for your friend. But this is no guarantee.

It IS possible for co-op but with the way the online is set up it will be very hard to do so. If you do happen to meet your friend, it is by pure luck.
---
"I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious." - The Milkman
And the sea shall run white with his rage...
#7zombiehunting84Posted 10/8/2011 8:23:00 AM
I cant believe they didnt fix this from Demons Souls. A co-op game where you cant freely join your friends. Genius!
---
PSN: ThePixies GT: ThePixies84
#8AnimorganimatePosted 10/8/2011 8:39:07 AM

zombiehunting84 posted...
I cant believe they didnt fix this from Demons Souls. A co-op game where you cant freely join your friends. Genius!
---
PSN: ThePixies GT: ThePixies84

This game isn't meant to be co-op, genius. The random acts of help you choose to receive throughout the game are supposed to be one-timae acts of kindness by strangers.

#9SixpakPosted 10/8/2011 8:40:24 AM
demons souls was actually amazing compared to this.. anyway.. you can't. You need to get super lucky..and it will never be consistent. You could spend an entire day trying with no luck.
---
360 Gamertag: kapxis
#10Fallen_RayeanPosted 10/8/2011 8:42:54 AM
And be happy if you can summon anyone at all, or be summoned, or invade. You'll find that trying to play with a friend will be ridiculously unlikely to happen when you see how obnoxious it is to do the standard online things.
---
Isis Moriendo Renascor~