So does intelligence not effect pyromancy?

#1nathninteyonePosted 10/8/2011 1:14:19 PM
if not how do i make it stronger?
---
To Be Continued, On another menu..... you dig?
#2Frozen-ShadowPosted 10/8/2011 1:15:14 PM
No it doesn't. It gets stronger by upgrading the catalyst. You can do this at the trainers and it costs souls.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#3Mr_Fahrenheit_Posted 10/8/2011 1:16:47 PM
Yeah, Upgrade your Pyro Hand. I believe by +15 it gets an S rank in INT, I only have it at +10 and its at A rank, so I assume it will get there haha
#4nathninteyone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 1:22:40 PM
bump.
---
#5nathninteyone(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 1:44:29 PM
nathninteyone posted...
bump.

This board moves really fast, didn't mean to be rude and bump after you guys posted, thanks for your help, rally love this games community! :)

Where do i go about finding trainers? :)
---
#6EzieBaikUbenPosted 10/8/2011 5:15:20 PM
I pretty sure most people on here haven't played more than 5 hours into the game and don't know what the hell they're talking about. I haven't done any actual "tests" but if you upgrade the pyromancy item (from a pyromancer you rescue near the start of The Depths by rolling into a barrel), the INT modifier will get stronger, so I'm 99% sure doing so will in fact scale the damage of your spells if you put more points into INT. Hope that helps!
#7TerraFlare190Posted 10/8/2011 7:17:23 PM
Everyone believes that the tool strengthens the pyro magic. Wouldn't hurt to try and see for ourselves.

ps.love the sig nathninteyone. Lupe Fiasco is beast.
---
"We are condemned to be free" Jean-Paul Sartre
#8robotzombiePosted 10/8/2011 7:22:25 PM
EzieBaikUben posted...
I pretty sure most people on here haven't played more than 5 hours into the game and don't know what the hell they're talking about. I haven't done any actual "tests" but if you upgrade the pyromancy item (from a pyromancer you rescue near the start of The Depths by rolling into a barrel), the INT modifier will get stronger, so I'm 99% sure doing so will in fact scale the damage of your spells if you put more points into INT. Hope that helps!

When you havent done any actual "tests", you shouldn't be claiming that most people on here haven't played more than 5 hours and don't know what they are talking about. You also shouldn't be 99% sure of anything. Especially since you are flat out wrong. The INT scaling on the Flame in no way shape or form impacts your spells, it only effects the MELEE attack you can do with the Flame.
---
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~ Mark Twain
#9EzieBaikUbenPosted 10/9/2011 2:27:32 AM
Ahhhh, you have my apologies. I did my test, and was sorely disappointed. Looks like I might have to change to a sorcery build...
#10sunchyPosted 10/9/2011 2:30:28 AM
I uprgaded my pyro flame to +15 and i'm hitting like 410 with combustion, 300-350 with fireball, and 450 with fire orb... And my int is only 10