What is the point of enchanted weapon upgrade?

#1HassohappaPosted 10/8/2011 6:37:14 PM
It has less base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than magic comparing a +5 magic weapon to a base enchanted version of the item. Does bringing it to +5 make it compare favorably in at least some aspect to a +10 magic weapon?
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
#2Hassohappa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 7:39:58 PM
No one has had a chance to compare them?
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
#3DuneManPosted 10/8/2011 7:41:21 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60507906

Enchanted is the Crescent path of Dark Souls as Magic is the Moon path of Dark Souls. I.e. if you have 50 Intelligence, go Enchanted.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#4Hassohappa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 8:01:55 PM
DuneMan posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60507906

Enchanted is the Crescent path of Dark Souls as Magic is the Moon path of Dark Souls. I.e. if you have 50 Intelligence, go Enchanted.

So upgrading the enchanted to +5 gradually gives it better scaling? An enchanted weapon has worse base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than a +5 magic weapon, and to be fair I should really be comparing to a +6 magic weapon but do not have one to look at.
---
#5DuneManPosted 10/8/2011 8:03:16 PM
Jaek posted...
So upgrading the enchanted to +5 gradually gives it better scaling? An enchanted weapon has worse base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than a +5 magic weapon, and to be fair I should really be comparing to a +6 magic weapon but do not have one to look at.

Yes, unlike other upgrade paths, Enchanted will boost Intelligence scaling to B or A, depending on the weapon. Magic sticks with C scaling for Intelligence.
---
#6Hassohappa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 8:10:21 PM
Not all weapons only go to C with magic, a Magic Black Bow of Pharis has A scaling.
---
#7DuneManPosted 10/8/2011 8:13:18 PM
Jaek posted...
Not all weapons only go to C with magic, a Magic Black Bow of Pharis has A scaling.

Some bows also go to S for Dexterity, they get higher scaling on the whole.
---
#8Hassohappa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 8:19:09 PM
I see, thanks for all the answers.
---