What is the point of enchanted weapon upgrade?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What is the point of enchanted weapon upgrade?
4 years ago#1
It has less base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than magic comparing a +5 magic weapon to a base enchanted version of the item. Does bringing it to +5 make it compare favorably in at least some aspect to a +10 magic weapon?
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
4 years ago#2
No one has had a chance to compare them?
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
4 years ago#3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60507906

Enchanted is the Crescent path of Dark Souls as Magic is the Moon path of Dark Souls. I.e. if you have 50 Intelligence, go Enchanted.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
4 years ago#4
DuneMan posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60507906

Enchanted is the Crescent path of Dark Souls as Magic is the Moon path of Dark Souls. I.e. if you have 50 Intelligence, go Enchanted.

So upgrading the enchanted to +5 gradually gives it better scaling? An enchanted weapon has worse base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than a +5 magic weapon, and to be fair I should really be comparing to a +6 magic weapon but do not have one to look at.
---
4 years ago#5
Jaek posted...
So upgrading the enchanted to +5 gradually gives it better scaling? An enchanted weapon has worse base damage and worse scaling in str/dex/int than a +5 magic weapon, and to be fair I should really be comparing to a +6 magic weapon but do not have one to look at.

Yes, unlike other upgrade paths, Enchanted will boost Intelligence scaling to B or A, depending on the weapon. Magic sticks with C scaling for Intelligence.
---
4 years ago#6
Not all weapons only go to C with magic, a Magic Black Bow of Pharis has A scaling.
---
4 years ago#7
Jaek posted...
Not all weapons only go to C with magic, a Magic Black Bow of Pharis has A scaling.

Some bows also go to S for Dexterity, they get higher scaling on the whole.
---
4 years ago#8
I see, thanks for all the answers.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What is the point of enchanted weapon upgrade?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived