Having trouble with Tomb of the Giants? Look no further.

#1thecrobarPosted 10/8/2011 10:48:14 PM
Having problems with the tomb of Giants? Look no further! I found this to be the one of the hardest area in the game, and can get through it pretty good now. Still haven't beaten the boss at the bottom yet though. This guide is written for the sole purpose of getting through the tomb and arriving at the boss. If you want to hunt for treasure or drops...well, this isn't it. (but see point 3 below).

First, what you should have done BEFORE you enter the tomb:

1. Defeat the Four Kings in the Abyss in the ruins of New Londo. This activates a plot event which will unlock the boss door at the end of the Giant's Tomb- no point in heading down if you're not going to be able to finish the boss.

2. You cannot Teleport into the Giant's Tomb. It's a long trip down, so try to stock up. Bring at least 4 humanities to kindle the fires, and some poison and curse cures.

3. Before entering Giant's Tomb, consider making a detour to Lost Izalith. There you can find a luminescent helmet that provides you with some light, and it does nor require you to lose your shield. This makes the level much easier, and it makes it play like any other "normal" level instead of what it is. I have not confirmed this myself, but I have seen people mention it before. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Cont'd next post
---
"We are bad guys. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Monster with 21 Faces.
#2thecrobar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 10:48:38 PM
On to the Main Guide:

All right, you should have climbed up two ladders just after the arena you fight Pinwheel in.The first portion of the tomb is a zigzag path downwards. Follow the lighted path to the first stone, and put up your shield. A large skeleton waits just beyond the stone. Lure him back to the slightly larger area and kill him. Continue down to the next stone. Just in front of this stone is the lid to a tomb. When you climb onto it, you will slide down to a landing.

On the landing, turn right, then turn right again, to see another skeleton. You don't *HAVE* to fight him, but if you try to avoid him there's a chance he might interfere later on. After the skeleton is dead, slide down the next tomb (located just in front of the first tomb. Turn right at the bottom for another skeleton encounter. Kill this one as quickly as possible: there's another waiting around the corner, and an archer is going to be shooting at your back side the whole time. After both skeletons are dead, continue down the path. You'll have to slide down one more lid.

Head forward to meet a man, Patches. DO NOT DO WHAT HE SAYS...yet. Instead, look along edge facing the lava area to find a ladder. Descend this ladder to find a bonfire. Spend any souls you have, because this is where you start to die a lot. Head up the ladder and fall into patches' stupid trap. Go look off the edge and you'll get kicked off. Near your landing point you can find a SKULL LANTERN. This item is equipped like a weapon in one of your hands.

By following the blue bulbs on the left wall, you will eventually find the priestess lady from the way of the white sitting there. Her two companions are down here just up ahead, and they have turned hollow. If you defeat them there's some souls and a miracle for your trouble, but if you don't care about the easiest way is to just kill yourself and spawn back at the bonfire just before patches. Fighting the two knights isn't that hard: one uses a halbred, one uses a mace, and both have shields. The one with the Halbred likes to use it with both hands, and the mace user will occasionally try to use an AOE miracle that stuns you. Just play defensively and poke them, they don't have too much health. Following the path round to the blue stones you can find some skull pillars. These are dangerous up close, but they can be safely sniped or baited into attacking and then hit. Behind them is a ladder, and on the top of the ladder there's an invisible wall you can attack to get back.

Once you're back at patches, it's time to press on towards the second bonfire. This bonfire is actually quite close, though getting there is difficult . Head along the right wall behind patches with your lantern equipped and look down into the abyss to spot it. To your right along the path is a skeleton beast enemy. These things are absolutely brutal: they're fast, powerful, and my character with 25 Endurance can just barely block their most powerful attack. Fighting them head on is suicide, which is why we're going to run.

Read this next paragraph before you do it, since you;re going to be running with no means of attack.

Equip your lantern in your right hand and a shield in your left. Lock on to the Skeleton beast nearby and hug the right wall and try to pass by; when he attacks there should be an opening. Lower your shield and run down the path, staying along the right edge. You'll soon come to a circular platform. In the middle of it is a ramp leading down lower. Move down the ramp as fast as you can and you will come to a fork in the path. Take the left path. Follow this ramp down to a lower area and hug the left wall. At the very end of this wall, there's a sharp turn to the left. Turn down this way and follow the ramp to find the bonfire. Quickly activate and rest, since chances are you have a horde of demon's coming to kill you.

cont'd
---
Monster with 21 Faces.
#3thecrobar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 10:49:30 PM
From this bonfire we're going to run again, though it's a lot easier. Head to the top of the ramp near the bonfire, and then take the other ramp down and to the left. Grab the item nearby. Then start running while hugging the left wall. You'll pass a few demon skeletons along the way, ignore them. Run to the bottom of the ramp, then head straight to find a hole in the floor. Jump down or take the ladder. You can stop running now. You can also unequip the lamp, it's not needed any more.

The path from here is very linear. It moves along a cliff, first outside and then inside into a yellow cave. There's a few skeleton pillars along the cliff path. At the end there's an archer skeleton firing at you who with a machete skeleton hidden around the corner. You could fight them, but I find it easier to just run past. The next room is one you'll want to run through: there are infinitely spawning skeletons down here.Head under the main area, then up the ramp on the opposite side of the room. The mage enemies here are powerful, but their spell takes a while to cast. Run up the ramp and turn two corners and you'll see the boss door. Run over to it and roll into the debris blocking the way, then head inside.

Now that you're inside Nito's lair, I've done all that I can. Good luck
---
Monster with 21 Faces.
#4thecrobar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2011 11:00:41 PM
Bumping.
---
Monster with 21 Faces.
#5CrevoxPosted 10/8/2011 11:01:24 PM
I bookmarked it since I'm going there soon, but... can't be that hard of a place to go on my own.
#6BabySh0esPosted 10/8/2011 11:02:16 PM
thank you so much <3
#7RaijinvincePosted 10/8/2011 11:04:11 PM
I'm still just waiting to see when I get that lantern head...not sure at what point that's supposed to turn up.
#8gengaozoPosted 10/8/2011 11:08:36 PM
The Cast Light spell that Dusk teaches you is also an option.
#9GuiltyChippXPosted 10/8/2011 11:09:11 PM
btw i killed that catacombs boss before i killed the 4 kings boss.
---
DREAMCAST FOREVER SEGA FOR ETERNITY
Guardian Heroes(Sega Saturn) One of the most kick ass games you've never played.
#10cctPosted 10/8/2011 11:11:50 PM
thecrobar posted...
3. Before entering Giant's Tomb, consider making a detour to Lost Izalith. There you can find a luminescent helmet that provides you with some light, and it does nor require you to lose your shield. This makes the level much easier, and it makes it play like any other "normal" level instead of what it is. I have not confirmed this myself, but I have seen people mention it before. If someone could shed some light on this it would be great.

Yea bout this part, theres a bug deep inside the Lost Izalith which drops the helm. But getting there will not be easy. You have to take out those huge stomping demons just to enter the ruins. I heard rumors that players are able to run past them into the ruins, but i tried it countless time myself, only to die countless amount of times :p

Once your in the ruins just fight your way as you explore it. Im not sure how to direct you guys, but u want to explore the place till you find this long bridge with a titanite demon in the middle. You can try to kill him or run past him. I ran past him because i got one-shotted by his jumping attack even at 288 physical defense :p

At the end of the bridge, you will enter a pretty dim place where you'll find the sunlight knight guy going crazy. Kill him and kill the bugs you find there. One of the will drop the sunlight maggot.

Hope this helps =] Btw, if you guys want help getting in the ruins, i will post some tips here if you guys want.