What is the best spear in the game?

#1FailbaddonPosted 10/9/2011 3:52:55 AM
Right now the ones that people are talking about are:

1. Lightning Spear (from Mimic in Sen's Fortress)
2. Demon Spear (From Anor Londo, I think. Anyone confirm?)
3. Ornstein's Spear (Made from Ornstein's Soul with a +10 spear and 5000 souls)
4. Titanite Catch Pole (From Titanite Demon)
5. Silver Knight Spear (From knights in Anor Londo)

Taking eventual upgrades into account, which one of these will end up being the most useful? Or is there another spear not in this list that trumps all of them?
#2Failbaddon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 4:16:30 AM
Bump. No fellow spear users? :(
#3koroko_korobasePosted 10/9/2011 4:18:57 AM
Number 3.
#4KraventsPosted 10/9/2011 4:21:28 AM
The demon spear is a drop from the gargoyles in anor londo.
And the lightning spear is good for a while, But it will eventually be outclassed.
The dragon slayer's spear (ornstein's) scales with str and dex I think. But not that well (Cs on both?) plus I think it has kind of an odd move set that some people don't like. I personally haven't made it yet because I don't feel like putting points into str.

not sure about the rest :P
---
PSN: Rocktemplepilot
#5Failbaddon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 4:30:21 AM
I just found out that the Moonlight Butterfly Horn is also a spear. Add that to the list! Anyone used it? Please do share your experience. :)
#6Failbaddon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 5:00:55 AM
Bump! More spear discussion please. :)
#7empbowserPosted 10/9/2011 5:10:40 AM
My personal favorite so far is the lightning spear. Upgrading my Ornstein spear though it's at +4 right now.

The demon spear looks nice as it causes bleeding and it can be upgraded to +5.

Other then that I have no clue what the best spear would be probably just whatever the situation calls for.
#8Failbaddon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 5:16:59 AM
Woah hold on. I've heard the Demon Spear has lightning properties. Now you're telling me it causes bleeding as well? Sounds too good to be true, but if it is, I think I finally know which one I want!
#9ElyonPosted 10/9/2011 5:17:01 AM
The Moonlight Butterfly's spear is a great weapon for any Magic users who use a spear, as it scales to Intelligence. I'd highly recommend it.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#10ViietNam1Posted 10/9/2011 5:18:38 AM
chaos winged spear +5 is also a good choice
---
90% western games suck