"You Have Been Indicted..."

#1PhoenixAriaPosted 10/9/2011 5:23:45 AM
Okay, was just messing around in the forest hunter covenent and I invaded a couple of intruders. After a couple of successful kills (fails still outweighted success), I'd get a message saying "You have been Indicted" after I killed the target. At first I thought: "Oh shiitakke mushrooms, seriously? How'd I get that when all I did was kill the target?" I swear I did not once hit a friendly npc or forest creature or had dumb AIs falling off cliffs. Thought it was over for me, Alvina won't be giving me the fog ring and I will be hunted down soon by players of the dark moon D: To my surprise everything was normal, I got my fog ring and nobody is out to get me (yet).

TLDR: Does being Indicted mean you have committed a sin or not? :| I'm starting to think its actually a sign that you have ranked up your covenent since new events appeared when interacting with Alvina after receiving the message. OR I'm just really stupid :|

Well thanks a lot people... happy hunting...
#2hunterwolfePosted 10/9/2011 5:24:52 AM
check the book(the one you buy) you now have sin's
---
we buy our freedom's with borrowed dollars, they have made slaves of us all...
#3AmethystEndPosted 10/9/2011 5:25:14 AM
Uhm, there's a glitch with one of the Forest Hunter npcs apparently, where they'll jump off a cliff by themselves. The game registers it as you having killed them, and you are now promptly considered an oathbreaker against the covenant.
---
The Distant Blue
#4DefenderX2480Posted 10/9/2011 5:26:22 AM
It's because the person you killed bought the book. So killing them puts you in the book.
#5mc3DeePosted 10/9/2011 5:27:17 AM
PhoenixAria posted...
Okay, was just messing around in the forest hunter covenent and I invaded a couple of intruders. After a couple of successful kills (fails still outweighted success), I'd get a message saying "You have been Indicted" after I killed the target. At first I thought: "Oh shiitakke mushrooms, seriously? How'd I get that when all I did was kill the target?" I swear I did not once hit a friendly npc or forest creature or had dumb AIs falling off cliffs. Thought it was over for me, Alvina won't be giving me the fog ring and I will be hunted down soon by players of the dark moon D: To my surprise everything was normal, I got my fog ring and nobody is out to get me (yet).

TLDR: Does being Indicted mean you have committed a sin or not? :| I'm starting to think its actually a sign that you have ranked up your covenent since new events appeared when interacting with Alvina after receiving the message. OR I'm just really stupid :|

Well thanks a lot people... happy hunting...

It means the person you invaded indicted you. Put you on the list. There's an item that can be bought from the guy by the first bell. I think it's an order of indictment. Then a player you invaded can indict you. I think your name goes into the book of the guilty (maybe) and there may be a covenant that can come looking for you or an npc that does. I am not sure what happens, though.
#6shiroi_0079Posted 10/9/2011 5:27:20 AM
Indicted is when someone uses the scrip they buy from the NPC in the first bell tower to place you on the book of the guilty. Now, people from one of the covenants (forgot which one) can invade you.

Breaking a covenant is different.
---
"He wouldn't die even if you killed him"
#7koroko_korobasePosted 10/9/2011 5:27:29 AM
Some players have themselves the indictment parchments. I've been indicted twice while hunting in the forest covenant. I think it goes to your account too, so you're new characters will be invaded easier.
#8TechFinchPosted 10/9/2011 5:28:09 AM
You were indicted because you invaded the Forest Intruders and killed one. That player had the Indictment item, so they reported it so it would be put in the Book of the Guilty, which means that Blade of the Darkmoon covenant people can invade you without you knowing about it.
#9PhoenixAria(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 5:28:22 AM
AmethystEnd posted...
Uhm, there's a glitch with one of the Forest Hunter npcs apparently, where they'll jump off a cliff by themselves. The game registers it as you having killed them, and you are now promptly considered an oathbreaker against the covenant.

though if i have broken the oath... wouldnt alvina not appear in her usual spot unless i cleanse myself of my sins? I did say nothing happened, she's still there and I got my fog ring :v Plus none of the npcs jump off a cliff since there wasnt any soul absorbing during my fending off of intruders
#10Hattori75Posted 10/9/2011 5:28:27 AM
that or someone just put a hit out on you cause if I remember this correctly the forest covenant isn't safe from having people using indictment on them