The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Location of Very Large Ember

#1Xbox4everPosted 10/9/2011 3:20:06 PM(edited)
Tried searching on both boards and have found nothing but very vague directions towards the location of this ember.

I've been running through New Londo Ruins at least 10 times only to be cornered in an area by ghosts.

Here's where I've run to so far:

From the elevator from Firelink shrine, I run past all the zombies down towards the water and the rickety wooden pathway across.

I run past the two ghosts that spawn and run up the two flights of stairs. From here I run past a narrow walkway into another room that spawns another 5 ghosts. I can manage to sneak by the one guarding the exit and then proceed to run down the spiral staircase. At the bottom, I take the first right and then left to find myself at what used to be a fog door.

From the fog door, I emerge outside on a narrow walkway. In front of me there is a ladder leading down, but I run past this as 3 ghosts spawn there. Instead I take the narrow walkway left and run across, then left again to reach another building. I have two options here:

1) run down the broken stairs you have to jump over to get to what appears to be an item
2) go inside the building (here I get lost)

I've done option 2 many times, since I have read that the ember is at the top of the tower along with a composite bow. However, when I run into said building, I get pwned by an obscenely large amount of ghosts.

Any hints? I can't find the supposed guy to lower the water level.
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@3.4 GHz | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit | XL2370-1 23" |
#2SeikenZPosted 10/9/2011 3:22:57 PM
The guy you're looking for is on the roof of a building. The Inside of the building is a big empty room, with a ladder that takes you to the roof. Can't tell you more than that, since I stumbled upon it myself.
#3Xbox4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 3:24:37 PM
SeikenZ posted...
The guy you're looking for is on the roof of a building. The Inside of the building is a big empty room, with a ladder that takes you to the roof. Can't tell you more than that, since I stumbled upon it myself.

Thanks for the quick response. Can you give any more detailed instructions towards getting there? I'm seriously lost. I keep going into the only building I think is the right way, only to find that every way I take seems to be a dead end. At least I've ended up with a few item souls!
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@3.4 GHz | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit | XL2370-1 23" |
#4Element_PearlPosted 10/9/2011 3:29:21 PM
Okay, I just did this so I'm going from short term memory, but...

Once you're out on the narrow walkway past what USED to be a fog gate, follow the walkway left around to a building. Go in the building and get to the roof, talk to the guy there, get the key, leave the building by the other door (because the walkway between the two doors is ruined) and follow that pathway all the way around the wall of the area to the device that opens the doors.

Once you drain the water, you need to go all the way back to where the narrow pathway began and find the elevator in that building, the one that didn't work before. Use it, go down, kill the slime thing and some Darkwraiths, and go up some stairs in that area. Follow the paths around and you'll get to the chest with the Ember.

That's probably confusing as crap, but really, there's no other way to give directions.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#5Element_PearlPosted 10/9/2011 3:30:34 PM
Also, you should use those Transient Curses and kill the ghosts. They'll just follow you around and kill you if you don't.
---
#6Xbox4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 3:30:44 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
Okay, I just did this so I'm going from short term memory, but...

Once you're out on the narrow walkway past what USED to be a fog gate, follow the walkway left around to a building. Go in the building and get to the roof, talk to the guy there, get the key, leave the building by the other door (because the walkway between the two doors is ruined) and follow that pathway all the way around the wall of the area to the device that opens the doors.

Once you drain the water, you need to go all the way back to where the narrow pathway began and find the elevator in that building, the one that didn't work before. Use it, go down, kill the slime thing and some Darkwraiths, and go up some stairs in that area. Follow the paths around and you'll get to the chest with the Ember.

That's probably confusing as crap, but really, there's no other way to give directions.

Holy crap that sounds difficult. Are there ghosts down where the slime/ Darkwraiths are? I don't have the item that allows you to hit them, which is why I am forced to run through.
---
#7Element_PearlPosted 10/9/2011 3:33:42 PM
You can buy Transient Curses from the moss merchant for 4k souls. There's at least 4 more on corpses stuck in jars around the ruins and right before you go in. They last for about 5 minutes and the ghosts also drop them. I went in with 2 in my pack and came out with 13, so it's worth your gold to get just one and fight the ghosts.
---
#8Xbox4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 3:36:44 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
You can buy Transient Curses from the moss merchant for 4k souls. There's at least 4 more on corpses stuck in jars around the ruins and right before you go in. They last for about 5 minutes and the ghosts also drop them. I went in with 2 in my pack and came out with 13, so it's worth your gold to get just one and fight the ghosts.

Alright thank you.
---
#9MstptnPosted 10/10/2011 11:54:00 AM
Where do you get the key
---
GT: Outlawnightmare
#10MstptnPosted 10/10/2011 12:07:34 PM
Italked to the guy on the roof but i still can't find the key. HELP
---
GT: Outlawnightmare