best shield?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. best shield?
4 years ago#1
does anyone know what the best shield is.
4 years ago#2
Probably Havel's shield. However, I would recommend a silver knight shield (SKS). It has the highest stability on a parry shield at +5.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
4 years ago#3
It really depends on the build. The Eagle Shield is pretty darn good for it's low stat requirements and can be compared to the Steel Shield from Demon's Souls. Really darn good but overlooked because of that slightly better shield that requires higher stats.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
4 years ago#4
I've been tanking bosses with the Eagle Shield somewhat successfully.
4 years ago#5
what about the greatshield you can make with the wolf soul?
4 years ago#6
I'm a fan of SKS too. I wish it were cooler-looking, though :(
4 years ago#7
I've been using the Crest Shield for it's 100/80 Phys/Magic resistance. There may be something better, but I like it.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
4 years ago#8
If you're rolling a low strength character, then the Eagle shield is your best bet for tanking. Can't parry with it though, so you may want to use the Silver Knight Shied instead if. The Crest Shield is good too, especially against magic dealing enemies, but it has relatively low stability so it's not great for tanking.
---
Killing's the first thing humans learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the Mudcrabs would own the earth.
4 years ago#9
How much stability does a maxed out eagle shield and a maxed out silver knight shield have? Both only go up to +5 right?
---
Har Har Har...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. best shield?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived