Magic Weapon spell parameters

#1leviathan SPPosted 10/10/2011 8:12:23 AM
I want to make my next character built around using Magic Weapon and its stronger versions and was wondering what weapons CANNOT be used with it? I know the Drake Sword can't and of course the Demon weapons and those with fire/lightning effects on them. Specifically, I'm wondering if the Black Knight weapons can be used with it?

If not, what are some good weapons that would really benefit from it? I was thinking Washing Pole or Iaito.
---
Sometimes I forget that this is the internet, and occasionally someone comes along and makes it very clear that it is.
-_Mace_
#2leviathan SP(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 8:21:34 AM
bump
---
Sometimes I forget that this is the internet, and occasionally someone comes along and makes it very clear that it is.
-_Mace_
#3SephardPosted 10/10/2011 8:23:05 AM
I assume that any weapon that upgrades with titanite shards can be made into a magic weapon
---
MHP3rd Character: Zakon, HR6.
#4XenograndPosted 10/10/2011 8:32:30 AM
From what i read anything with a unique name, and elemental damage. What does magic weapon do, does it add elemental damage, or improve weapon scaling? If magic damage does it get higher from your stats or a flat number?
#5leviathan SP(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 8:47:27 AM(edited)
Lol I meant to ask that as well. I'm not entirely sure but from the sounds of it I guess it just adds magic damage to your weapon. So would it be beneficial to upgrade my Intelligence as well for higher scaling or should I just get enough to use either Great Magic Weapon and/or Crystal Weapon?

I like the way the sword from the Wolf you get looks. Does anyone know if you can use the spell on it? Seems like it would be a good main weapon to use with it.
---
-_Mace_
#6leviathan SP(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 8:57:10 AM
bump again
---
-_Mace_
#7Cmac4Posted 10/10/2011 9:00:13 AM
No unique or boss weapons can have
magic weapon on them.. And it scales based on your int it actually scales by a huge amount I have 40 int and it buffs a plain longsword up to up over 600 damage
#8XenograndPosted 10/10/2011 9:02:21 AM
I wanted to make a magic weapon build too, but waiting for the guide to arrive before i waste any stat points into a path that might not pay off. It seems strange to me that, magic weapon can not be used on enchanted weapons that turn scaling into B? for Int, and add magic damage component to the weapons. because then i can't use Magic weapon spell on the item.

Seems backwards to me.

If i go Dex, get a +15 katana, and then apply magic weapon THAT will work supposedly. So if i want to use a magic weapon that maybe scales from int, i'm gonna use a weapon that scales off something that's not int.

Or am I wrong?
#9Otaku_OyabunnPosted 10/10/2011 9:04:12 AM
1.) Magic Weapon only adds magic based AR to your right hand weapon based on how much intelligence you have and how high your sorcery assist is on your catalyst.

2.) Any weapon that is upgraded using Demon Titanite, Twinkling Titanite, or Dragon Scales cannot be enchanted. The Artorias Large Sword is upgraded using Demon Titanite, so it cannot be upgraded.

I believe there are no enchantable weapons that have on board magic AR, so there are no BBS or LW MC equivalents in DrkS.
---
"Hmph, but you have no eggs!"
#10Mud_ChanPosted 10/10/2011 9:08:07 AM
Magic weapon enchants do not scale by your INT, they scale by the magic adjust of your catalyst. Important distinction with a cane that scales on faith around.

Magic weapon - 0.8 x mag adjust
Greater mag wep - 1.1
Crystal mag wep - 1.4
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/