Black Knight Sword vs Great Black Knight Sword

#1MachineHead10Posted 10/10/2011 9:53:39 AM

Im trying to decide which one i should upgrade to +5

Black Knight Sword - Smaller with a C / E Modifier -> faster / more attacks

Black Knight Great Sword - Bigger with B / E Modifier -> Slower / more damage - less attacks..

Which one should i take out of these 2? does the B modifier on the Great sword make it that much better for how much slower your attacks are? cant decide which to take

#2lilbumkidPosted 10/10/2011 9:59:20 AM
where did you get the great sword from? i farmed the black knight with it for 30 mins and still did not get it to drop, i got all the other weapons though.
#3xennodudePosted 10/10/2011 10:00:15 AM
MachineHead10 posted...
Im trying to decide which one i should upgrade to +5Black Knight Sword - Smaller with a C / E Modifier -> faster / more attacksBlack Knight Great Sword - Bigger with B / E Modifier -> Slower / more damage - less attacks..Which one should i take out of these 2? does the B modifier on the Great sword make it that much better for how much slower your attacks are? cant decide which to take

Fast Weapons:
Pros:
- more hits per attack chance
easy to avoid incoming enemy attacks
Cons:
-less damage

Slower weapons:
Pros:
Higher damage per attack
Cons:
Slow attack animation, therefore harder to avoid incoming attacks

I personally prefer the faster weapons, but it all really comes down to how well you time your attacks and who your fighting against.
#4derelict5Posted 10/10/2011 10:01:17 AM
You can only get the type of weapon that the Black Knight is using. For example, the 1st black knight isn't going to drop a greatsword or halberd - he's only going to drop the regular black knight sword. That said, most people that got one received it from the 2nd knight after the Hellkite dragon.
#5xennodudePosted 10/10/2011 10:01:56 AM
lilbumkid posted...
where did you get the great sword from? i farmed the black knight with it for 30 mins and still did not get it to drop, i got all the other weapons though.

how do you farm the black knights? their no longer there after u killed them...
#6ZegimaPosted 10/10/2011 10:03:19 AM
I like how you can drop a person to the floor with a Ultra Greatsword, but the time it takes to recover from the attack isn't enough for you to roll away from safety. Not a good PvP weapon. Greatswords however are a little more manageable, though you lose the sense of dropping people and making them eat dirt.
#7psnshade71Posted 10/10/2011 10:05:05 AM
Got my GS revisiting the asylum. There's 2 darks there.
#8HexusnokenPosted 10/10/2011 10:09:45 AM
Depends, High poise, Ultra greatsword, bait them with the long swing time, they think they will interrupt you, then smash them.

Normal usage (lower poise) then go with the standard greatsword verison.
#9MachineHead10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 3:48:42 PM

What about for PVP??

Im trying to find a good weapon to kill people with... seems like i get dominated everytime i fight someone (im SL64). I figured since i have both of these 1 of them must be decent for doing PVP type things... i picked Darkmoon and havent been able to kill anyone yet :/

#10MaridStormbreakPosted 10/10/2011 3:51:54 PM(edited)
I've been rolling a high-poise Black Knight Greatsword/Faith build for PVP. 90% of my opponents were fast-rolling DEX builds.

It's almost depressing how often I can eat an attack and then just combo through for the kill.
---
They took our money. They're taking our future.
It's time to take it all back. - https://occupywallst.org/