Does this game have insane drop rates also?

#1Kagami84Posted 10/10/2011 6:38:24 PM
This question is best suited for the PS3 board. I remember the insane grinding necessary just to get 1 item. Practically game breaking. Did this game improve on this or will this message board be doomed to all the desperate trades from people offering their first born son for a bladestone? Also I know about the ways to increase the drop rates in this game. Demon Soul had something similar but it was still insane. Was this improved?
#2DirjelPosted 10/10/2011 6:39:52 PM
So far, drop rates seem pretty reasonable in this game, BUT...

Lots of one-time bosses/enemies have rare drops, and I am dreading the thought of having to replay this game over and over and over for an opportunity to maybe get a certain drop.

Eesh.
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/4/DirjelJunshin.png
#3zeik56Posted 10/10/2011 6:41:00 PM(edited)
It doesn't really seem like it's as much of an issue. You can actually buy quite a few of the stones, and I haven't heard of anything as bad as Pure Bladestones.

Also there are crystal lizards in the game, but they respawn infinitely until you kill them.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#4ZegimaPosted 10/10/2011 6:41:59 PM
I think that Dark Souls is probably easier to obtain items. You can either do suicide runs to obtain an item or increase your humanity and wear the serpent gold ring to increase drop rate. You have a base of 100 drop rate. So far the max i was able to get it to was 410 drop rate with 25 humanity and serpent gold ring. I don't think increasing humanity pass 25 will benefit you anymore. Seems like 25 is the cap at which stats for weapons and drop rate ends.
#5jiyorinPosted 10/10/2011 6:43:15 PM
Thank god it's not like Demon's Souls. The grinding and drop rates were like the worst part about it.
#6SolidKnightPosted 10/10/2011 7:02:42 PM(edited)
Can you grind Twinkling Titanite? It seems like there isn't enough to upgrade even one weapon all the way.
#7DirjelPosted 10/10/2011 6:46:51 PM
Do the Tinfoil Golems drop it? The guys over by the hydra in the forest?
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/4/DirjelJunshin.png
#8WaggonforcePosted 10/10/2011 6:48:20 PM
The clam dudes drop twinkling titanite before Seath fight, its not too bad, get one every couple routes. Drop rates are pretty decent IMO, only a few annoying items but nothing absurd like the pure bladestone of yesteryears.
---
PSN: Waggonforce
Feel free to add =)