Firekeeper Death question

#1GuiltyGear1682Posted 10/10/2011 6:32:15 PM
Hi fellow DS player,

I been browsing though the forum for some time now, and I came across few topic on Firekeeper's "Mysterious" death.
Something about the Firekeeper dies and you need to revive her with firekeeper soul...
The topic are pretty broken, since it's basically of "what is going, how did this happen", so I couldn't get a clear understanding of this "Firekeeper Death" event.

Can someone please give me a full explanation of this Firekeeper death incident?
Is there a way to prevent it?
If it did happen, how do I revert it?

Thanks!
#2zyrax2301Posted 10/10/2011 7:07:40 PM(edited)
Be warned that this entire post is one big spoiler.

How it happens
An NPC, who you may or may not have saved, murders her. He is the golden-armoured knight called Lautrec, the man who you find locked in a cell in the Undead Church. If you release him, he will give you a Sun Medal. If not, he won't. Either way, he will return to Firelink Shrine after you ring the first bell. When you have rung the second bell, he will kill her and leave Firelink.

How to prevent it
Kill him. Simple. Murdering him in Firelink Shrine will stop him from murdering the Firekeeper. He will also drop a ring.

Why you shouldn't do that
If you allow him to kill the maiden, she will drop some items which includes a Black Eye Orb. This item can be used later in the story (in Anor Londo, it will be obvious when you can do so) and you'll be able invade Lautrec's world and kill him. That's awesome, right? The other bonus is that when you kill him in this manner, you can access his armour set as well as his ring...and you can take the soul he drops and use it to revive the firekeeper in Firelink Shrine. Awesome, right? So don't kill him.

Edit: If you fail to kill him during the invasion, you can try again. That's pretty important info, I was apprehensive to use it the first time wondering if I was prepared...but I beat him first time anyway.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3GuiltyGear1682(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:46:10 PM(edited)
Wow zyrax2301,

You the man! That was one hell of detailed explanation! Thanks a lot! I would be so lost if you haven't explain all that to me lol.

So basically just let him live and kill the maiden, as for myself, I just keep on moving with the game until I ring the second bell?

Also, one quick question, as soon as I ring the second bell, maiden dies, the man leave the place. So all I have to do is back track to Firelink Shrine and get loot the maiden's corpse. and invade his world and kill him. so I can still get his ring as normal and a bonus loot his armor set, right? Also the soul to revive the maiden once again.

How do I revive the maiden? I assume I just need to speak with the maiden's corpse?
Also, if I do fail to kill him, do I get a second chance to kill him?

Thanks!
#4ArtisticChicPosted 10/10/2011 6:48:29 PM
The One thing I just never got was WHY he decided to kill her.... All he said was that he had enough with her... But what did she do???
---
~Alexus~
GT/Steam ID: Jokr666 PSN: Shinigami70 IGN: WonderTwin
#5GuiltyGear1682(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:49:37 PM
lol perhaps she rejected him... muhahaha :P
#6DarkefkaPosted 10/10/2011 6:51:35 PM

so HE'S Yurt 2.0 yes? is he hard to kill?

#7dzehn13Posted 10/10/2011 6:52:10 PM
More detailed answer
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60551019
---
#8GuiltyGear1682(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:52:58 PM
idk, that what I'm trying to find out, hopefully we get more than one chance to bust his ass lol. Because every FIRST time in Dark Souls, it's a surprise for me lol
#9Lain_CoulbertPosted 10/10/2011 6:56:53 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Be warned that this entire post is one big spoiler.

How it happens
An NPC, who you may or may not have saved, murders her. He is the golden-armoured knight called Lautrec, the man who you find locked in a cell in the Undead Church. If you release him, he will give you a ring. If not, he won't. Either way, he will return to Firelink Shrine after you ring the first bell. When you have rung the second bell, he will kill her and leave Firelink.

How to prevent it
Kill him. Simple. Murdering him in Firelink Shrine will stop him from murdering the Firekeeper. He will also drop a ring.

Why you shouldn't do that
If you allow him to kill the maiden, she will drop some items which includes a Black Eye Orb. This item can be used later in the story (in Anor Londo, it will be obvious when you can do so) and you'll be able invade Lautrec's world and kill him. That's awesome, right? The other bonus is that when you kill him in this manner, you can access his armour set as well as his ring...and you can take the soul he drops and use it to revive the firekeeper in Firelink Shrine. Awesome, right? So don't kill him.

He does NOT give you a ring for rescuing him, he gives you a Sun Medal.
#10GuiltyGear1682(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 7:00:19 PM
Thanks Andi S!

That link is really helpful!