How to get into Lost Izalith?

#1Kratos_Is_BaldPosted 10/11/2011 3:46:49 AM
Guys, I searched and found a couple of threads and didn't get a specific answer. Where is the direct entrance into Izalith? I know the shortcut but I lack the rank with the covenant. It would really help if you guys could tell me what part of Ruins I need to explore to get into Izalith.

I have already beat the other bosses (4K, Nito, Seath) and Ceaseless, Firesage and Centipede. Now I'm stuck in Centipede's room with the lava ring trying to find the way ahead.
#2Slambo70Posted 10/11/2011 3:52:08 AM
Through the Demon Ruins I think the name is. Its the red doorway past where you fight the spider boss in Blightown. You kill the Ceaseless Discharge to lower lava then look for a path down. Keep pushing forward past a Demon Sage boss and then finally the Centipede boss and the path is in his room. Make sure you break the Centipedes arm for the ring.
---
"I'm a love machine and I'm ready to plow the fields of exstasy. oh yeah!"-Fable-TLC
#3Kratos_Is_Bald(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:54:41 AM
I broke his arm/tail for the ring. I can walk on lava. But the stone door at the end is locked. Is there a hidden path in this room.
#4pwnee8601Posted 10/11/2011 4:03:15 AM
In the room where you defeat the Centipede Demon, there should be a small doorway that leads to Izalith. You'll have to cross some lava for it though.

If you still can't find it, try hugging the walls of the Centipede Demon room until you come across it.
---
http://www.darkscavenger.com/game-development-blog/
#5Slambo70Posted 10/11/2011 4:06:07 AM
You go through a cave type opening not the part that looks like a stone door. Follow the left wall and you'll see the opening.
---
"I'm a love machine and I'm ready to plow the fields of exstasy. oh yeah!"-Fable-TLC
#6Kratos_Is_Bald(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 4:06:31 AM
pwnee8601 posted...
In the room where you defeat the Centipede Demon, there should be a small doorway that leads to Izalith. You'll have to cross some lava for it though.

If you still can't find it, try hugging the walls of the Centipede Demon room until you come across it.

Ok. Thanks a lot. Now I feel stupid if its really that simple.
#7NonamesworkherePosted 10/12/2011 8:41:21 PM
Kratos_Is_Bald posted...
Guys, I searched and found a couple of threads and didn't get a specific answer. Where is the direct entrance into Izalith? I know the shortcut but I lack the rank with the covenant. It would really help if you guys could tell me what part of Ruins I need to explore to get into Izalith.

I have already beat the other bosses (4K, Nito, Seath) and Ceaseless, Firesage and Centipede. Now I'm stuck in Centipede's room with the lava ring trying to find the way ahead.

Where is the shortcut from the covenant rank? I farmed up to the rank and I have no idea where the shortcut is...
#8akonimPosted 10/12/2011 8:45:12 PM
Nonamesworkhere posted...
Where is the shortcut from the covenant rank? I farmed up to the rank and I have no idea where the shortcut is...

Just prior to the fat Fire Demon fight (the one prior to the centipede boss fight) there's a wide opening in the wall. Just go down there and it'll be right there.
#9NonamesworkherePosted 10/12/2011 8:51:20 PM
akonim posted...
Nonamesworkhere posted...

Just prior to the fat Fire Demon fight (the one prior to the centipede boss fight) there's a wide opening in the wall. Just go down there and it'll be right there.

Awesome, thanks. Do you happen to know if the shortcut remains if I leave the covenant? I'm trophy farming at this point so I still need to hit a few more covenants on this playthrough.
#10devak108Posted 10/13/2011 5:02:15 AM
tagging, trying to get there myself atm.