Knight lautrec of carim question

#1ShutterBug06Posted 10/11/2011 9:50:20 AM
Ok. So I know that this guy kills off the firekeeper Anastacia, however main question is that should I go ahead and kill him while he's in firelink shrine? I tend to go there a lot, and I don't think I would like my firekeeper to die off. I know you can revive her. Is there any certain advantage to killing him early? Advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
#2JacknicklsonPosted 10/11/2011 9:51:41 AM
The advantage comes from killing him later since you get his armor in addition to his ring. up to you
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/78/legendofjerz.png
#3ShutterBug06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 9:56:36 AM
I have heard that you get his ring even if you kill him in firelink shrine. Are there other firekeepers besides her? Also is his armor light armor? Sorry guys, was just wanting to know ahead of time is all. If anyone can give anymore advice on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
#4JacknicklsonPosted 10/11/2011 9:58:07 AM
There are other firekeepers that can upgrade your flasks along the way. no idea about his armor. I wouldnt kill him until you invade him imo

Plus you will not need that bonfire since there are plenty around
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/78/legendofjerz.png
#5TalkstoHimselfPosted 10/11/2011 9:58:17 AM
It's heavy armor and yes there are other firekeepers beside her.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#6Tohno_ShikiPosted 10/11/2011 10:00:00 AM
DOn't bother killing him yet. When he kills the firekeeper you get a black eye stone with some stuff. Later it'll say that the black eye stone is trembling or whatever. Use it and you'll invade Lautrec's world. When you kill him (he has 2 phantom buddies that you should kill first) You'll get a soul along with the ring. Also his armor is on a corpse nearby so grab that. Don't use the soul and bring it back to fireshrine and you can revive the firekeeper with it.
---
You sir, have too much time in your hands if you are reading this.
#7Caliburn1989Posted 10/11/2011 10:02:49 AM
Ok so:

Its 100% better to let Lautrec kill the Firekeeper:

Why?

Rewards for killing him now:
Ring of Favor and Protection
5 Humanity

Rewards for killing him later:
Firekeeper soul
Ring of Favor and Protection
5 Humanity
Proof of Reprisal
Armor of Favor set. (You don't get it from killing him, after Ornstein/Smough go up on the right side of the room above and its on a corpse, this took me awhile to figure out)
The firekeepers armor set

You can use the Firekeeper soul to +1 your Estus. My opinion is that giving the soul back to the keeper is useless. You can still warp to Firelink even if its burnt out, and there are several close bonfires (Undead parish) that you can warp to later on.

I would advise new players especially to just let him kill her, get your revenge and get your +1 to estus. Its much more practically useful then having firelink active.
#8enzyme36Posted 10/11/2011 10:03:36 AM
this guy has me worried...

I freed him, and he returned to the shrine. I talked to him several times, and exhausted all his scripts. He remained here for several visits to Firelink. Then recently he dissappeared.... I think the last thing I did to trigger him to leave was I defeated the Carpa boss (??) (giant dude with tail and 2 dogs... small arena).

Now he is gone, but the firekeeper is still alive. Is he gone forever? Did I miss an oppertunity to stick a blade through him??

I understand that the game is relatively new, and these answers may not exist yet... but any insight is appreciated.
#9FrogtkPosted 10/11/2011 10:05:09 AM
He comes back, she dies after the second bell.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#10Caliburn1989Posted 10/11/2011 10:14:55 AM
enzyme36 posted...
this guy has me worried...

I freed him, and he returned to the shrine. I talked to him several times, and exhausted all his scripts. He remained here for several visits to Firelink. Then recently he dissappeared.... I think the last thing I did to trigger him to leave was I defeated the Carpa boss (??) (giant dude with tail and 2 dogs... small arena).

Now he is gone, but the firekeeper is still alive. Is he gone forever? Did I miss an oppertunity to stick a blade through him??

I understand that the game is relatively new, and these answers may not exist yet... but any insight is appreciated.

Ring the second bell, he comes back and she dies.

Then you meet him again in new londo if you bothered to take the firekeepers stuff.