**Tips and Tricks on how to Summon Friends Thread**

#1ixfirebrandxiPosted 10/11/2011 9:33:07 AM(edited)
Lets make a dedicated thread on discovering the best possible ways to play with friends.

What we know:

1) You are put into a specific Lobby when you load up the game
2) You can only play with people in your Lobby
3) You do not change lobbies when you logout to the menu only if you completely restart the game
3) Changing Lobbies is possible during gameplay but nobody knows exactly how, (some say going to firelink bonfire resets your lobby). (reason we know this is players who connected to friends eventually lose connection and end up in new lobbies)
4) messages do not coordinate with specific lobbies? *not sure if this is true

If anybody has any more information please post here
#2songofish99Posted 10/11/2011 9:35:00 AM
It's easier to group with friends if they are in the same Covenant as you - this goes for a few of the covenants, I believe - Way of the White, Princess Guard, etc.
#3ixfirebrandxi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 10:01:21 AM
bump
#4Sahle123Posted 10/11/2011 10:09:02 AM

This is actually an extension to songfish's statement. I read this from another forum:

-People who are part of the way of white covenant have a better chance of avoiding invasions as well as finding summoning signs of players who are part of the way of white. (None of this is confirmed although trail and error seems to show this to be true).

#5shadowsofdawnPosted 10/11/2011 10:19:31 AM
Warriors of sunlight also seem to be group together more easily. After joining that covenant finally last night I started to see alot more gold signs for me to summon. Used to never see them and now I'm seeing one in every area.
#6Ochoa_ManPosted 10/11/2011 10:22:07 AM
For those who are unsure. SL is difference of 10 and not 10%. My friends and I were trying to connect last night. One is SL16 and me and the other are SL 25. SL 16 was able to find and summon my other friend who is SL25. So I can confirm that SL is difference of 10 and not 10%.

Hope this clears up some confusion, despite the 'official statement' released a week ago.
#7BeefyNukesPosted 10/11/2011 10:23:11 AM
Way of the white, sunlight altar, and princess guard all have better chances of being able to summon one another
---
Don't know if you can run a computer game? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
#8Gmoney-Posted 10/11/2011 10:37:27 AM
I think lots of these are false.

I'm in dragon, my friends are in the way of white and none at all.

We join and quit and the lobbies do change as the signs and bloodstains change.

We play for hours then one signs on and we quit and count to three to log in at the same time. Then we wait about 2 minutes and if the host sees nothing he leaves and quits once or twice.

Literally played together all day yesterday. Tiny. It tedious but awesome.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#9ixfirebrandxi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 10:55:30 AM
Gmoney- posted...
I think lots of these are false.

I'm in dragon, my friends are in the way of white and none at all.

We join and quit and the lobbies do change as the signs and bloodstains change.

We play for hours then one signs on and we quit and count to three to log in at the same time. Then we wait about 2 minutes and if the host sees nothing he leaves and quits once or twice.

Literally played together all day yesterday. Tiny. It tedious but awesome.

im sorry im trying to understand exactly what u did to play with your friends.

My friend and i tried for 2 hours and couldnt connect by simply exiting the game and joining back in. If you have some type of strategy to do this can u please let me know exactly how u guys connected???
#10ixfirebrandxi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 10:58:33 AM
If anybody has any working strategies to join the same lobbies can u please post how u did it and how LONG it took you to do it.

I think that would help out alot of players who are getting frustrated with the online play..