Shiva of the East, Dark Wood Grain Ring

#1PhestezeoPosted 10/11/2011 12:08:02 PM
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I would be able to get Shiva's weapon and armor. And if I have to kill him, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if he sells anything worthwhile. Maybe I should farm up some souls and buy some things from him beforehand.

Also, is it possible to Dark Wood Grain Ring (A.K.A Ninja Flip Ring) without breaking the covenant? Like if I were to leave the covenant and come back to the forest, would they still be standing there? I'd rather not break the covenant, but that ring is just too good to pass up.

And, as a bonus question, if I were to break the covenant and be Hollowed would I still be invaded for breaking my oath with Alvina? And if I do, are the attacks constant or is it a one time deal, like if I were to die by a member of the Blades of the Darkmoon would I still be a target? I'd rather not like to deal with anyone on my first playthrough, I just want to learn the game and take it in, any subsequent playthroughs after that I would consider fair game.

Thanks for any help you all may have to offer.
---
"If I was a dev, I would be proud to point out in a game I made that the best weapon to kill a hoard of children was the flamethrower." - Gigabomber
#2SaintZetsuPosted 10/11/2011 12:08:52 PM
I think if you kill him and absolve your sins without talking to Alvina you can rejoin.
---
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.-Christopher Hitchens
#3Trickery1688Posted 10/11/2011 12:09:43 PM
You get his sword and shield for killing him.

His armor is actually on the ground on a body in the same area. It's on the edge of a cliff on the other side of area, guarded by a bunch of those tree things. Called the Eastern Armor.
#4Phestezeo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 12:13:38 PM
I considered getting absolution but that would cost me 110,000 souls. That just feels like a pain in the ass to farm out, even with the soul farming spot in the forest. That's why I would like to find a way around it if possible.
---
"If I was a dev, I would be proud to point out in a game I made that the best weapon to kill a hoard of children was the flamethrower." - Gigabomber
#5Phestezeo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 12:20:53 PM
Bump, I'd still like to get some insight from others if possible.
---
#6Phestezeo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 12:28:15 PM
One last bump.
---
#7The_DarkwalkerPosted 10/11/2011 12:31:08 PM
Why rejoin? Just get all the goodies (Ring of Fog, Dark Wood ring, armor, etc.), kill him and join a different covenant and grab their junk as well (figuratively speaking).
---
Evil is nothing more than an unpopular point of view.
#8Fex0rsPosted 10/11/2011 12:33:29 PM
I want to get this ring too but am still hoping to win 3 invasions to get the Fog Ring first before breaking the covenant.. The forest is infested with too many high level though... its almost like a PVP arena there.. doubt I will be getting the fog ring anytime soon...
#9Phestezeo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 12:35:46 PM
I've been having terrible luck with invading intruders. I've stood around for 20 minutes only to invade two people who have things that are way more powerful than anything I have. I die within mere moments. I don't know how long it'll take for me to get the Ring of Fogs at this rate so I was wondering if I could get everything else first.

Also, do you have to get the finishing blow on an intruder? I've had two successful invasions and I only killed the one.
---
#10Fex0rsPosted 10/11/2011 12:46:57 PM
Don't have to be the one killing. I had 2 successful invasions both of which I didnt deal the finishing blow. The cat still gave me the divine blessing for completing 1 successful invasion. Haha

Is it 3 or 4 successful invasions needed for the Fog Ring?? Im kinda waiting for that ring before I proceed to get the Dark Wood Grain Ring and before i leave the Forest Convenant to go for other convenants! :| Can't proceed further cause the next convenant I'm looking at is the Dark Wraith convenant that's missable..