what's the best way to kill a hydra?

#1tinezedw22Posted 10/11/2011 1:26:10 PM
Melee seems really hard and arrows don't seem to be doing much damage so what do you think it's the beds way? Oh and magic it's out of the question for me cause my intelillence it's really low.
#2JimDandDPosted 10/11/2011 1:27:31 PM
Just melee the heads when he does his attack. I had to shoot the last one with arrows because it was never close enough to hit but yea it shouldn't be too hard if you position yourself correctly.
#3ghostly_bearPosted 10/11/2011 1:28:01 PM
i think the one in ash lake is muuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier.
---
Cashdog144 posted...
If I'm gonna be treated like a pirate, I might as well get the benefits of one.
#4Exploding8Posted 10/11/2011 1:28:24 PM

Melee is actually REALLY easy.

Just keep your shield up and attack the heads when he slams them all into the ground. Don't move around too much once you find a position that has you avoiding most of his attack. If he starts firing bubblebeam at you again get closer if possible.

#5ErgoErisPosted 10/11/2011 1:29:27 PM
The one in the Basin? The hard part is getting to it, but once you do get close he'll start swinging his heads around. They are super easy to block, so just start attacking his heads and you'll eventually cut them all off.
#6darkshadow887Posted 10/11/2011 1:30:47 PM
It also couldn't hurt to have the rusted iron ring on so you can move fast through the water.
---
*gasp* The enemy...
#7VitharPosted 10/11/2011 1:31:18 PM
ghostly_bear posted...
i think the one in ash lake is muuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier.

lol that one killed her self for me. I was running towards the dragon convenant escaping it's waves. I prey to the dragon covenant and suddenly get 10000souls and 2 dragons scale.

I was like WTF and then saw no hydras on my way back
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#8KyerofoxPosted 10/11/2011 1:32:40 PM
To answer the topic, play dark souls. Because its sooooo hard to kill one.
---
PSN: Kyero
Dark Souls Name: Vahan
#9Cloud20390Posted 10/11/2011 1:33:24 PM(edited)
Exploding8 posted...
Melee is actually REALLY easy.Just keep your shield up and attack the heads when he slams them all into the ground. Don't move around too much once you find a position that has you avoiding most of his attack. If he starts firing bubblebeam at you again get closer if possible.

This.

When you get close enough to it, all the thing does is its melee attack. The easiest strategy for both Hydras is just to get close, block the attack, damage the heads before they get back up, and repeat.
---
"And as I live, there is no evil that will stand."
PSN: Omnifarious (http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/Omnifarious)
#10tinezedw22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 1:32:48 PM
Thanks guys,i'll give it another try and do you get anything from them besides souls?