Great Scythe Vs. Scythe ?

#21OneWingedDevilx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 2:28:23 PM

Cool cool. Well i forged myself a G.Scythe +3 Lightning, and so far it's pew pew pew ^^

#22pendragonzeroPosted 10/11/2011 2:39:48 PM
Can anyone answer my str/dex question in this thread? I have the g. Scythe at +8 and would like to know where to stat up correctly to use it the best I can
---
"ILL KILL YOU, AND THE NIGHT!"-Leon Belmont PSN ID: Pendragonzero
360 GT: PendragonSword
#23OneWingedDevilx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:55:38 PM

It depends on the letters that indicate the scaling of the weapon. I think Dex was "C" on this spesific weapon and Str was "D" ?

#24basicParadoxPosted 10/11/2011 4:05:58 PM
Atzend posted...
basicParadox posted...
There is no "Scythe", it's just the Great Scythe. Lifehunt Scythe is the demon soul upgraded version, which I do NOT prefer because of what the poster above said.

It inflicts Bleeding on yourself, so if you use it frequently and don't pay close enough attention you could end up injuring yourself pretty badly.

There is a "Scythe." I got it in Sen's Fortress, iirc. Don't say something unless you know it's true. Otherwise, you just look a little foolish when you say something that's false.

I was misinformed, yeah. :O but that's okay. You learn new things a lot with a game like this, because up til now as far as I knew there wasn't any scythe weapon beyond Lifehunt and the G. Scythe. Kinda disappointed it has the halberd animation, though. Pretty much a recycled war scythe from Demon's Souls, then?
#25pendragonzeroPosted 10/11/2011 4:56:43 PM
So keep pumping dex and str then ? Also turn it into a +15 or a lightning?
---
#26xtacbPosted 10/11/2011 7:35:58 PM
where in the catacombs is this great scythe?

i thought i had all the loot from there already, i have all areas done except for Lost Izalith then last boss

so is the G.Scythe near the beginning? near the 2nd bonfire? is it past the titanium demon? or is it near the end of the catacombs towards the entrance of Tomb of Giants?
---
WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WorldWide* and #1 world BPC, as of 4/7/10
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3
#27pendragonzeroPosted 10/11/2011 8:29:19 PM
It's near the 2nd bonfire. After you hit ghat switch and flip that bridge Look off to the side to that roll offable platform that us near a door with a broken stair. It's immediately to the left in there!

Now if I can get some answers for myself I would appreciate it guys!
---
#28GodzFollowerPosted 10/11/2011 9:02:26 PM

where in the catacombs is this great scythe?

i thought i had all the loot from there already, i have all areas done except for Lost Izalith then last boss

so is the G.Scythe near the beginning? near the 2nd bonfire? is it past the titanium demon? or is it near the end of the catacombs towards the entrance of Tomb of Giants?

go through the beginning until you get to the bridge with the two skeletons wainting for you, go across kill them, look to your left, you'll see the stairs, then theres another platform under it, just roll off and make it to that platform, then the item is in there, be careful not to run while you get there or you'll fall off the level that lets you pick it up and you'll have to go all the way back up and do it again.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#29Hellz_SeraphPosted 10/11/2011 9:04:12 PM
:OOOOOOOOOO

OMG SCYTHE! Are theses actually scythe's with slashing attacks or a specific moveset? Or are they considered polearms.... like in Demon's Souls (which made me sad) ):

Katana + Scythe = best weapons in videogames... Oh, and of course chainsaws too; but apparently those are mainsteam as hell now -.-
---
Rip ones heart out with my bare hands, Watching the lifeless body drop to the floor, laughing, Blood gushing down a path straight to Hell!... PSN: HellzAssassn
#30Hellz_SeraphPosted 10/11/2011 9:04:45 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
The moveset for both is very different. The Great Scythe is the typical grim reaper affair while the "scythe" is an odd polearm affair.

Oh, this just answered my question :D

Must... get... great scythe.... asap
---
Rip ones heart out with my bare hands, Watching the lifeless body drop to the floor, laughing, Blood gushing down a path straight to Hell!... PSN: HellzAssassn