Anybody wanna help start piecing together the story? (Massive Story Spoilers)

#1TalkstoHimselfPosted 10/11/2011 2:19:43 PM
Hey all, just like the title says, anyone wanna start pulling the little tidbits of info we have and try to piece the story together?

Feel free to add, correct, speculate, or ignore if someone else has already done this. Just thought this would be a nice change from all the build, broken MP, and broken Souls Glitch topics.

Massive Spoilers Ahead

I'll start:

Main Story Stuff:

According to the Animal Rings (Wolf, Hornet, Hawk, Lion(?), and Ornsteins Armor Lord Gwyn had Four Elite Knights in Ornstein the Dragonslayer (Possibly the leader according to his armor), Hawkeye Gough, Lord's Blade Ciaran, and Artorias the Abysswalker.

The Black and Silver Knights separated based on ideals, the Black Knights following Gwyn and Silver Knights following their Goddess.

According to Darkstalker Kaathe the Pygmy found a different Soul from the others, and its power dealt with the darkness instead or gained the most power from the dark. You are the descendant of the Pygmy and are not destined to be the successor of Lord Gwyn, but rather destined to be the Dark Lord of man.

When the Fire's go out it will herald in the Age of Darkness (Age of Man).

Misc Stuff, Forest Covenant:

Havel led his own band of Knights called the Havel Knights (Havel's Ring, Havel's Armor), and I believe that, according to the Key down to the Havel Knight, someone managed to lock that Knight Down There because he had gone Hollow...

According to the Cat Covenant Ring Alvina Was the friend of Sif and Artorias. Later in the Covenant Alvina apparently voices her dislike of Sif. I've heard good theories as to why but no real confirmation.

Alvina also apparently distrust Shiva of the East and his ninja Bodyguard.

This is off the top of my head, I'll return with more info after reading the descriptions of my items.

If more info comes I'll organize it a lot more.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#2Caliburn1989Posted 10/11/2011 2:22:16 PM
Priscilla from the painted world is the Daughter of Gwynevre and Seathe the Scaleless.

Gwynevere isn't actually Gwynevere but a shade made by Gwyndolyn. Gwynevere left Andor Londo with someone as stated by one of the rings in the game.
#3Strife025Posted 10/11/2011 2:22:30 PM
cool thread, saving for later.
---
Rent Me
#4TalkstoHimself(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:38:25 PM(edited)
Caliburn1989 posted...
Priscilla from the painted world is the Daughter of Gwynevre and Seathe the Scaleless.

Gwynevere isn't actually Gwynevere but a shade made by Gwyndolyn. Gwynevere left Andor Londo with someone as stated by one of the rings in the game.

Oh snap, where does it say that bout Priscilla?

Also feel free to correct, speculate, add, or ignore.

Anyway more Misc Stuff

Big Hat Logan is 100+ years old according to the smith in New Londo Ruins, stating he heard about his eccentricities but they were from at least 100 years ago.

According to Soul Spear this spell, made by Big Hat Logan, is on par with Lord Gwyn's Lightning.

Logan's reason for going into Anor Londo is to pillage the Archives.

The Oolacile Kingdom fell quite a long time ago but was a Sorcerer Kingdom.

The Princess of Oolacile, Dusk, was gifted the Dusk Crown Ring upon her birth.

Dusk was also taken from her kingdom and banished into another plane and ended up sealed in the amber Golem you destroy to free her.

She goes on to further elaborate that Magic of the past is vastly different from the magic of the present.

Thorolund is possibly a Theocracy. According to the White Seance Ring only the Bishop of The Way of the White is gifted this item. Furthermore, the Bishop is charged with protecting caste and law and is one of the high ranking Royals of Thorolund.

It also appears Allfather Lloyd, who is the uncle of Lord Gwyn, could of possibly founded the Way of the White.

In fact Allfather Lloyd seems to have developed numerous techniques and items (Lloyd's talisman) for Hunting the Undead.

The Knights of Berenkice were supposed to be the Knights of Knights but even they fell when countless of their number became undead and made for Anor Londo.

Lord Gwyn Stuff:

Lord Gwyn is apparently terrified of the encroaching Darkness and the Dark Lord of Man according to Darkstalker Kaathe.

Black Knights have fought Chaos Demons in the past which explains their black armor color. Not sure what chaos demons are, if they are different entities than dragons.

According to the Golden Covetous Snake Ring the serpent is an imperfect dragon, and the symbol of avarice and the undead, because serpents are known to devour prey bigger than themselves. Possibly a connection to the undead's insatiable desire for souls? Also could be why Primordial Serpents still exist.

According to the Dragon Slayer Spear Lightning is the choice element against Dragons.

According to the Cursed Sword of Artorias it became cursed when he made his Abyssal Covenant.

New Londo fell because the Four Kings fell into Darkness and allowed Dark Wraiths to overrun it. Many sorcerers ended up sealing the city because of this. The Four Kings descent into Darkness could possibly explain the ghosts around the city.

Little is actually known about Humanity, whereas Souls are the source of all life perhaps Humanity could be related to sanity and preventing becoming Hollow (Last part is speculation)

According to the key to where the capra demon is all the dogs in that area are his servants.

According to the Blightown key the people in the sewer sealed it off because even they knew that place was hell.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#5TalkstoHimself(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:58:56 PM
Bump

Only one I'll do, promise.
---
#6zUkUuPosted 10/11/2011 4:42:10 PM
need moar. the game left me rather puzzled.
#7syllawbloodPosted 10/11/2011 4:58:08 PM
Dont the items/books tell the story in a way? I wish there was a gallery to unlock or I guess we'll get a comprehensive story once the art book is out.
---
PSNID: syllaw
#8TalkstoHimself(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 5:02:01 PM
Lot's of this info is from items. In fact I cite them in each mini explanation.
---
#9ElyonPosted 10/11/2011 5:12:40 PM(edited)
One could make a (weak) argument that the player character is either (A) The descendant of or (B) actually is, Gwyn's firstborn. Expanding on that, Gwyn's firstborn could have been the Pygmy because no one remembers him, his name, or his purpose, and he left his father's side. The Pygmy is, after all, so easily forgotten.

That said, what I want to know most is why Priscilla's doll ended up in your room in the Asylum.

Edit: You make an interesting point about the Primordial serpents and undead. I'd say its more that the serpent's' "curse" is likely what created the undead in the first place. Kaathe does say, after all, that he is your guardian when you're a Darkwraith.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#10Pirateking2000Posted 10/11/2011 5:11:39 PM
interest bump
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama