Astoras Sword -the best weapon? keep stacking up faith and this is a killer?

#1layhoma2004Posted 10/11/2011 10:28:44 PM

I have heard numerous players usind this sword as main until the end of game. Stacking it with loaded faith stats, would this be the secret in boosting it's damage ? Any testimonies want to share?

#2alsutto123Posted 10/13/2011 9:05:54 AM
Bump. I totally want to know how this works
---
PSN: JohnnyF1ve
#3RaengPosted 10/13/2011 9:22:12 AM
The sword is terrible since scaling barely works in this game. Even fully leveled the Sword only has a C in Faithscaling, coming not even close to a B in Faith scaling that a Occult weapon gives. And even then every point in faith gives like +3 damage.
You are far better of making your own weapon that scales with your stats then using the Astora's Sword. Or even better, making a non-scaling weapon like Chaos, Lightning, Fire etc and pumping those extra statpoints into VIT.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#4EstryarkPosted 10/13/2011 9:36:27 AM
It scales with 4 stats (C/C/B/B), the requirements to wield it is not terrible and it allows you to focus more on INT or Faith faster.

You can also think about using a bow so you'll be also good in range combat with an occult short/longbows or occult Black Bow of Pharis which are the only S rank Faith.
#5EstryarkPosted 10/13/2011 9:38:33 AM
Raeng posted...
The sword is terrible since scaling barely works in this game. Even fully leveled the Sword only has a C in Faithscaling, coming not even close to a B in Faith scaling that a Occult weapon gives. And even then every point in faith gives like +3 damage.
You are far better of making your own weapon that scales with your stats then using the Astora's Sword. Or even better, making a non-scaling weapon like Chaos, Lightning, Fire etc and pumping those extra statpoints into VIT.

Are we talking about the cursed or the true greatsword?
#6Dagoods8426Posted 10/13/2011 9:42:35 AM
I want to know this also
#7EstryarkPosted 10/13/2011 9:48:32 AM
Arg, don't use Astoras, use Artorias.