Divine weapons and killing ghosts.

#1memphis12Posted 10/12/2011 4:24:02 AM
So I need divine weapons to kill ghosts? I've cleared the parish bit of game leading to gargoyle .. Where do I get a weapon to kill ghosts?

If I have to upgrade a weapon where should I head to to find whatever I need to make the weapon as I have used the two curse things to let me kill ghosts but none left :(

Thanks in advance.
#2DahlVaughnniPosted 10/12/2011 4:31:33 AM
No you're confused.

Divine weapons stop the skeletons in the catacombs from reviving when there's a necromancer nearby.

It's cursed weapons (or having a curse, or pseudo-curse via a Curse Transient item) that let you hit ghosts.

You can find 2 transient curses in New Londo before encountering any ghosts at all. They last about 5-10 minutes I think. Ghosts drop Jagged Cursed Blades which will let you hit them whether you're cursed or not.

Bring the serpents ring that gives you increased item find, and you'll find a blade in no time.

Also, ghosts often drop 2x Transient Curses as well, especially with the item find ring equipped. It really wasn't as tedious as it sounded. I never ran out and didn't feel the urge to hold onto them and not use them.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#3D347hN1nJ4Posted 10/12/2011 4:44:59 AM
Yep, ghosts dropping transient curses made me way less wary of my use, since I tend to overuse necessary items in games. But luckily, even if you run out of transient curses and can't find the jagged cursed blade, you can always go into the depths and actually curse yourself via the frogs.

It's sort of permanent, by which I mean you can buy items that reverse it, but otherwise it sticks with you.

But in the end, it's actually worth it for your trip through the ghost-infested ruins.
---
nyooorm
#4memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 4:50:05 AM
Ok thanks as always :)

That serpent ring for finding items.. I think I'l google where to find that .
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 10/12/2011 4:56:06 AM
memphis122004 posted...
Ok thanks as always :)

That serpent ring for finding items.. I think I'l google where to find that .

In Sen's fortress. I seem to remember it being inside, before you go out and get bombarded with explosions.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#6TOURNrzPosted 10/12/2011 4:59:21 AM
try the light spell... i know the bright light emitting flowers allowed you to hit ghosts when they are within the light itself. so maybe the spell does too.
---
'`|`' /'''\ | .| |_) |\ | . ._ ................. (-(-_(-_-)_-)-)
. | . \_/ \..| | \, |. \| |` /_ ... This is my crowd, we care not.
#7memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 5:46:17 AM
Thanks guys.

I haven't rung the second bell yet so guess I'l not be going to the fortress anytime soon.

Divine weapons then for the catacombs .. Can I get these from a merchant?